PDA

View Full Version : Banshee?

QuadRacer18
11-12-2005, 11:31 AM
OK, im selling my dirtbike and im getting a quad. I have been debating weather i should get a 250r or a banshee. I race Motocross. I know that a lot of people say the 250r is fast, jumps good and handles great. But i also heard the banshee is very fast, and when they have extended arms, axle, and shocks they also jump and handle great. you can also get a way newer banshee than 250r. So which one should i buy, i will be making which even bike i buy fully MX ready anyhow.. I also will have around 3000 bucks to buy a bike so i will be able to get one with some mods already. Give me your input. thanks, Josh

HondaRacer300ex
11-12-2005, 11:42 AM
Get a 250r. Much better.

MR.BIG
11-12-2005, 11:55 AM
Just wondering why you wouldn't get a new 450r?

11-12-2005, 11:59 AM
banshee only gets power in really high rpms better for dragging

Scro
11-12-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Marshmello
banshee only gets power in really high rpms better for dragging

correct...get the 250r for mx and the banshee for draggin'

thrasher_ex
11-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Oh you can still get a brand new 250r.

Mxjunkie
11-12-2005, 06:05 PM
psh.. I ride mx on mine and the power is very smooth, not smooth for people who dont know how to ride 2 strokes..

In my opinion, I like 250rs but its getting harder and harder to find one without problems or its been thru hell..

this is with stock suspension and aarms I might add... ;)

450robot
11-12-2005, 06:16 PM
yes, alot of people underestimate shees just because most people who own them drag them... that doesnt mean they arent good for mx, ive seen a couple at the local track that do just fine, even better than the r's, infact 2 shees placed 1st and 3rd 4 weeks ago

ive seen a couple at gncc too,

all just depends on how you set it up

because obviously a shee with fat pipes, long swinger and drag tires isnt gonna do well on a track or in the woods

neither will a shee with lowend porting, thin pipes, -1 inch swinger setup for mx beat a shee setup for drag

its all how you ride, and how your quad is setup to ride

Mxjunkie
11-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Exactly, duncan racing uses the banshee at the 12 hour and it does great.

it just takes the brains to know how the power delivery is on it like any other 2 stroke, once you got that down you can almost ride it like a thumper!

They responde very nicely to pipes/airfilter as well it makes the power very nice.

And yes they are very fast, specially when you do big bores and strokers :devil: :D

ThumPIN_450R
11-12-2005, 07:24 PM
a 250R would run and hide from a banshee on the MX track the only thing I like about the banshee is the horsepower.

11-12-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
a 250R would run and hide from a banshee on the MX track the only thing I like about the banshee is the horsepower.

Its rider, it depends what is more comfy and what you like best.
Example,mabe josh could get like a time of 1:20 secs on his banshee around a track and on a 250r he gets 2:12 . Its more about the rider, i bet J.S.R could beat 90 % of us around any track on a kx65.

Joe400ex
11-12-2005, 09:26 PM
im thinking of making a shee for drag this winter. Idk

Jake250ex
11-13-2005, 09:33 AM
Banshees are very comfortable quads as long as you ride them like they were ment to to - agressively. The front end will dive SEVERELY if you don't commit to a jump and let off before it. I've found this out the hard way. Other than that, they jump very well. I have works tripple rate front on mine and stock rear and it feels like I am landing on a pillow! I can't imagine what elka's or other high zoot shocks would be like... :eek2:

The fact that they dont have any torque is beside the point. If your going to be racing, you shouldn't be below 5k RMP's anway :devil: The harder you ride, the more it rewards you. After gaining alot of experience on my shee I found the most helpful tool is the clutch. If you coming out of a corner and its not in the powerband, keep it pinned and slip it quickly - it's like nitrous! The only thing that would probably take some getting used to would be the extra amount of weight... especially coming right off a bike.

QuadRacer18
11-13-2005, 10:20 AM
actually, ive raced quads during the 05' season, so its nothing new to me... thats for the replys and keep em' coming