PDA

View Full Version : help on my quad it wont idle and it keeps dying plus it backfires

Rider#11
06-21-2002, 06:10 PM
my bike wont idle it keeps dying and sometimes backfires help please soon!!!also i havnt messe with the jetting it was runing fine , it seems after i installed my new handle bars it went bad after a while

RIKR4X
06-21-2002, 06:41 PM
hey bud! did u check your filter ? Make sure your throttle cable is not binded up,and possibly something in your pilot . hopefully its one of these

flaneledholes
06-21-2002, 07:40 PM
Hey im not tryin to rag on you here but if you go to www.blasterhq.com and become a member you can get your blaster questions answered faster and maybe better since all they talk about is blasters...

nakomis0
06-21-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Rider#11
my bike wont idle it keeps dying and sometimes backfires help please soon!!!also i havnt messe with the jetting it was runing fine , it seems after i installed my new handle bars it went bad after a while

Did you rejet after you installed your handlebars?:confused:

Just kidding man, take your plug out and see what it looks like. Let us know.

Rider#11
06-22-2002, 09:11 PM
still dont know i changed plug and cleaned carb

Leo
06-23-2002, 12:21 AM
have you tried adjusting the idle speed..? pop the seat of and on top of the big funky saftety switch on top of the carb is a big 'knob' / screw... try adjusting that to see if you can bring the idle back up to normal..

Leo

400EXPIMP
06-23-2002, 08:19 AM
I had a similar problem on my old warrior, the problem turned out to be the button that went into the clutch. All I did was unplug it and the problem went away. Check if you plugged it in right or just take it out, I still have no idea what the button was for but it ran great after I took it out so I didnt worry too much about it.