PDA

View Full Version : 300ex problem

illinois boy
11-11-2005, 02:36 PM
O.K. guys this is my 1st post here and i got a prob today i started up the 300ex, prolly hasn't ran for a month not enuff time, and was guna take it for a little spin just to run it. Well it started up on the first push of the button pretty warm today and i let it sit and idle for bout 5 mins. so i hopped on and took off and in every gear when i got to a little over half throttle it started to cut out died a couple of times and just sounded pretty crappy above half throttle ne ideas on wuts goin on.

illinois boy
11-11-2005, 02:39 PM
i forgot guys it was runnin perfect last time i had it out ive changed nuthin in that time and i keep it clean and oil changed so i don't think its a dirty carb or ne thing like that

bwamos
11-11-2005, 02:47 PM
Sorry, have to ask the obvious. Leave the choke on? ;)

Otherwise if you haven't changed anyhting... it's probably a bad plug, or water in your fuel.

Otherwise, it's carb related. (unless the timing jumped, but that usually doesnt happen on 300's).

Make sure the main jet didn't fall out into the bowl. (happens more than you'd think). Or, you could have accidentally put the needle back in on the wrong clip location, if you had it out to clean the carb.

illinois boy
11-11-2005, 03:11 PM
well i know it ain't the choke i removed it, i'll check the plug mite b that or water in the fuel i'll check thanks alot

watts16
11-11-2005, 03:49 PM
do you have an exhaust? its prolly running lean because its cool outside

hondajoe05
water in the kill switch wires?

or maybe your fuel line is clogged up

oh ya where in illinois i live down south mt. vernon

watts16
also clean the air filter

illinois boy
11-11-2005, 04:32 PM
sup hondajoe05 im from beardstown bout 45 mins northwest of springfield on the illinois river thanks for the suggestion im guna look at it tomorrow

big_saxy
11-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Happened on my 300 as well. I would bet your slide came unhooked and isn't going up and down anymore which in turn won't let any air in. Is it acting like it's flooding out? That is what happened to mine. It wouldn't rev much past half, and if it died, it was really hard to start again. Well since the slide wasn't letting any air in, it was flooding the quad out. Might be worth a look on your machine too.

alexmx22
11-12-2005, 08:03 PM
mine does it too, then i ride it hard for like 5 min and it gets warmed up nice and it stops.