PDA

View Full Version : NEW Pro Armor skidplates!

06-21-2002, 04:33 PM
I just got my new pro armor skid plates in and already put em on. I must say they are beefy. fit good also.

06-21-2002, 04:34 PM
another,

06-21-2002, 04:36 PM
heres a neat idea, skid comes with a tow strap hole, in case my buddies break down also its not centered in this pic but it is now.

NJ300ex
06-21-2002, 04:49 PM
Nice. I like how the swingarm skid comes up at the end and doesn't leave the sprocket or rotor just hanging and how the belly skid goes up to protect the oil lines. Make sure to make a review on them for the site or just update us on how well they perform.

NJ300ex
06-21-2002, 04:51 PM
What's the deal with no case oil drain hole. My AC belly skid doesn't have that either. Is PRM the only one who does?

ridered300
06-21-2002, 05:45 PM
My DG Belly skid has the hole. That has to be a pain without the hole!

2k2-300exnj
06-21-2002, 05:46 PM
did u make that hole or did it come with it

06-21-2002, 08:08 PM
the tank hole was already there. I have to admit that I tried to bend those slotted sides down a little so it would be a little angled instead of straight up and I couldnt do it! very strong!
as far as the oil drain on the case,, just put a flat piece of sheet metal or tube under the case and push the quad onto a block under the right side tires to give it a tilt and the oil will run right out. the oil runs all over the frame tube anyway if you dont do it like this so a hole in the skidplate will only help not eliminate any mess.

ride300exred
06-22-2002, 01:30 PM
And where did you get it ?
thanks
Kris

06-22-2002, 03:15 PM
got em straight from Pro Armor
http://www.proarmor.com/store.html?app_id=3
prices vary for different finish.
the skids are little higher than some but I like em better. I like the fact that the swingarm plate goes almost all the way to the chassis plate protecting the link and chain and less likely to hang on something. not knocking any of these brands most that stop right after the skid mounting bolts like the PRM,
http://www.prm-atv.com/images/4x340.jpg
AC Racing http://acracing.com/merchant/149/images/large/04-3075-LRG.jpg
and DG is the worst leaving the whole link exposed. http://www.off-road.com/atv/400ex/images/skid_97.jpg

Striker49
06-22-2002, 03:45 PM
Those look great. If and when I get a 400 thats what I was gonna put on it. Pro or AC. It looks really good. I wouldnt try bendin the plate b/c it would prolly weakin it alot. I was thinkin bout gettin the a-arm guards as well b/c the forward part is at an angle so you would be more likely to slide up and over a tree trunk or somin than having it smack right into the a-arm and possible screw it up. J/W. Im just ramblin. :p Plates look good man, be sure to give us a report on how good they hold up. :cool:

06-23-2002, 03:19 PM
the plates are TOUGH! I went riding today and thru the rocky trails I gave no mercy. I used to take it easy and avoid rocks, not today, fly thru and over. they held up great and took severl hard hits. definetly worth the money.

Also, when I called and ordered them, they said they have a belly skid for use with nerfs also, its like a std belly pan it doesnt have the pieces on the sides. dont know if it would work with nerfs that U-bolt around the lower frame tube but definetly work with mounts that go to motor mount, like AC nerfs have.

Punk13rym
06-23-2002, 08:16 PM
FastnFurious1

i you decide to get nerf bars you'll never be able to get them on with your skid plate there.

2k2-300exnj
06-23-2002, 08:38 PM
wait.... so you cant use a belly skid and a set of nerfs at the same time? i have graydon nerfs coming in a few days and i was going to order a prm belly skid when i get the money. would this work if not then what type of belly skid shold i buy that would work with nerfs?

06-24-2002, 09:20 AM
Punk13rym : yeah I know that the skid I have will not work with any nerfs. doesnt bother me cause I dont need nerfs on this quad.

2k2-300exnj: the skid I have will not work with nerfs cause of the side panels on it. Pro armor makes a belly skid without the side panels for use with nerfs though and most of the others can be used with nerfs but any nerf that uses U-bolts around the bottom frame tube is gonna be a close fit with a belly skid. if you want both you probably shoulda ordered AC nerfs since the mounts dont go around the lower frame tube, they go to the motor mount so they cant interfere with the skid. AC nerfs are the best out there I think.

I have to say that when it comes to plates PRO Armor is first then PRM, then AC skids and I wouldnt even waste money on DG plates(or nerfs for that matter).