PDA

View Full Version : front sand tires

MoRePOWER
11-11-2005, 01:10 PM
do you really need front sand tires...do they do anything at all?? do they help you turn, or give you more speed or anything??

cody

OKTRX450R
11-11-2005, 01:42 PM
I would not say you NEED them...but I do prefer them. I run the Skat Trak Mowhawks with the center row and I experience better turning characteristics but it is not a windfall. Also, they are lighter in weight to the stockers.

I can not go anywhere with them you can not go...but it is a more pleasurable experience with them.

holister
11-11-2005, 02:38 PM
me and my dad run them on our quads at first we ran stock tires then we heard good news about them and tried and they are really awsome there comparable to holshots on dirt with these in the sand

bwamos
11-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Get a set of Razr fronts they work great in both environments. ;) They've got that center row.

The thicker ply on them won't let them "float" as well.. but they work well enough.

Eddiesanders250
11-11-2005, 04:49 PM
The reason why a lot of guys use the front sand tires is because, the stock ones spit up sand. This will only affect you if you have race cut fenders. If you dont you should be fine. Me personally, I think they look 100 times better.

desratt
11-11-2005, 10:57 PM
I use dune trackers with the solid center rib.. and let me tell you they catch so good they really take some getting used to. when you let off the throttle and turn it can really whip ya hard.

holister
11-12-2005, 03:53 PM
yeah i had a run in with that the first time i jumped with them one dont land even a little bit with your wheels turned you will tip

250r4life
11-13-2005, 07:51 PM
ive got the sandstar fronts and i love them. like previously stated they are lighter than knobbies, and they glide along the top and dont throw up as much sand and dont have as much drag. but what i really like is that i can swing my bike around on a dime, they make my turning way better... i personally think the sandstar fronts that are dual ribbed are the best front sandstars out there...

400exrider0004
11-13-2005, 08:56 PM
I have the sandstar fronts to with the dual rib!! I think it helps the bike handle better through the sand! I love em

Tom TRX250R
11-14-2005, 04:41 PM
They are not neccessarily needed but do help out a lot in turning. I run 22" Dune Trackers up front and they just float on top and turn like I am on rails. I have tried Razr dirt tires and they are less responsive. I would say get them after several trips to the dunes they will be worth it.

mikez91169
11-22-2005, 01:43 PM
I run the kenda 22-8-10 dune runnners on front of all my bikes. They work much better than knobby tires in the sand. I never believed in using them until I rode my buddies bike with dune runners up front, what a difference. Now all my bikes have them. Just my opinion, hope it helps

OKTRX450R
11-29-2005, 04:56 PM
How do you think the Dune Runners compare to the AMS Diamond Traks?

mikez91169
11-30-2005, 07:40 AM
I really couldn't give a fair comparison between the Ims tires and the dune runners, I have no experience with the diamond trak tires. I would think if they are both identically designed then the performace should be identical. My cousin has dune trackers on his 450r and it rides just as well as mine with the dune runners. I don't notice any difference between his bike and mine.