PDA

View Full Version : Ok need some help deciding please

F2W
11-11-2005, 11:08 AM
I'm going to put an after market body on my new 250R project (see other thread) I'm looking at Fullbore race cut what I would like is some recommendations from you all on what manufacture you would use (aftermarket only) and why you chose them ie: Fit, Finish, Price, Cost etc

Thanks Everyone
Phillip

zedicus00
11-11-2005, 12:14 PM
fulbore or lakerscustom, they hav the best fit an finish of the aftermarket plastics.

elchankoblanko
11-11-2005, 03:27 PM
I like the look of those fullboar plastics but ther just wayyyy to expensive for me, those lakers look nice but havent heard how well they hold up. I went with the maiers. They look great fit great and plus i like the look of um with the quadtech hood. Any company you choose will def be a good choice.

Eddiesanders250
11-11-2005, 04:34 PM
I also went with maiers because of the price of fullbores. Now im not sure about laker custom, but I would think twice about getting BLACK plastics. I have black fronts and rears, and wow they scratch.

F2W
11-11-2005, 04:55 PM
thanks so far guys, I was going to go Black but since posting before and looking around I have decided to do orange. My 4 yr old (almost 5) has an orange Predator so I think he'd get a kick out of me having an Orange one also,
The frame is being sent to Vegas for blasting and Powder coating next week. So I have to pick a color for the frame. probably a silver leaning towards an aluminum look.

Tons of work to do before next thursday so I'm out of here for awhile.

Cr85rRida
11-11-2005, 05:37 PM
get a glossy black pc it goes good what every color..I wish i could pc my frame but i have no room for a tear down:(

Eddiesanders250
11-11-2005, 05:53 PM
haha its funny that you say that because im in the same boat your in. We have a 3 car garage but fit a 16' trailer 2 trucks and a 21' boat in it. we are inches away when we park........ I have no room!!

F2W
11-11-2005, 06:36 PM
well the full bore plastics are on hold in orange at one of my distributors, I will be placing a completed order on mon/tuesday and they will add these to that order. so that's done I'll have those.

Now to pick a color for the frame that will work with the body and the A-arms and swing arm when I get those done. unless I chrome those. then almost any color would work.

well back to the tear down slash frame fix

baker250r
11-11-2005, 08:14 PM
fullbore is a nice plastic. i got them on my R, and i love them. good choice man... word of advice tho... rig up some kind of a guard so u dont melt ur back fender on the pipe.

F2W
11-11-2005, 10:31 PM
cool man thanks for the advice I'll do that

beerock
11-12-2005, 03:31 PM
candy blue frame and orange plastics
blue graphic kit, chrome a-arms and swinger

or chrome upper arms candy bluc lowers and candyblue swinger

or instead of candy blue. super mirror blue pcoat with a silver flake clear on top of it

tater_kamik
11-12-2005, 03:42 PM
how about a dark charcoal and some good matching dark graphics