PDA

View Full Version : Houser A-Arm & Swingarm Questions

04TRX400EX
11-10-2005, 11:33 PM
I am looking to upgrade the stock suspension on my 400EX sometime in the future, probably next year, but am trying to decide what to do. I am going to run Elka front and rear shocks with new a-arms. What does everyone think about Houser components? People on here have talked about them before and I've only heard good things so far. I think they are very reasonably priced too. I am looking at the regular travel a-arms which are +1+0.5.

Second question is what is the deal with aftermarket swingarms? What advantage is there to getting an aftermarket arm besides the ability to get a longer/shorter one if you want?

Thanks!

Pappy
11-11-2005, 05:14 AM
you wont go wrong with houser!

the strength is a plus with a decent aftermarket swing arm, along with the length change if so required. the biggest thing to happen to the rear end has been the linkage/shock changes.

huffdaddy_400EX
11-11-2005, 10:51 AM
I have houser +2's with Elka's for almost a year now. There great...no issues at all.

Most aftermark swingarms are lighter then stock and they offer zerk fittings and other little feature.

eganracing
11-13-2005, 07:28 PM
the longer swingarm provides better handeling and helps keep the front end down. i run houser componets and love them.