PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Nerf Bars what do you reccomend.

Phantasm400ex
11-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Looking for a set of nerf bars with heal guards .. what is a good brand what do you guys reccomend.
2004 400ex K&N filter no lid, jet kit, duncan racing double barrel exaust.

ImWhite
11-10-2005, 11:07 PM
i love blingstar products,i myself have pro armor right now,they r nice for me

Pappy
11-11-2005, 05:17 AM
i just recieved the new Pro Armor race peg nerfs and they are pretty trick

Jersey450R
11-11-2005, 05:46 AM
I've had proarmors since i got my quad. love em!

11-11-2005, 03:17 PM
AC Pro pegs:macho

they are so nice, id never switch

pork917
11-11-2005, 03:19 PM
ac pro pegs.

i got them and wouldnt take any other nerf barfs over them. they are definatly the best

11-11-2005, 03:20 PM
you may also want to check out the new ac racing black line, they have some new pced black nerfs, with changeable pegs, very nice :macho

pork917
11-11-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton
you may also want to check out the new ac racing black line, they have some new pced black nerfs, with changeable pegs, very nice :macho

wow that really pisses me off, i woulda def bought the black/red ac pro pegs over the chrome ones. argh!

400exrider26
11-11-2005, 05:18 PM
not trying to jack the thread but, do most of you like how damn big those footpegs are on the ac propegs? i wanted some acs for a while, saw some on my friends 400 today and those pegs are massive- the nerfbars also can kinda move a little? is this common?

deejayeb
11-11-2005, 08:21 PM
I would recommend the ones Im selling in the parts section off my 400ex.. :D

Thought Id try...

11-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider26
not trying to jack the thread but, do most of you like how damn big those footpegs are on the ac propegs? i wanted some acs for a while, saw some on my friends 400 today and those pegs are massive- the nerfbars also can kinda move a little? is this common?

i love how big the pegs are, yes the nerfs move, thats because they make it ez to install, all you need is some tape or a peice of plastic to put in their for a tighter fit

EXMARK
11-14-2005, 08:18 AM
What part of the pro pegs are moving? I just ordered a set last week, did I make a mistake? Hopefulley will be here in a day or two.

jwick07
11-14-2005, 09:12 AM
The AC Pro pegs move where the foot pegs are. The reason for this is that to install the nerfs you have to remove the stock foot pegs which are too small for any good and repalce them with this metal rod. This rod bolts directly to frame where the stock pegs mount, the nerfs then slip over these pegs. So they will shake around a bit. To fix this is very easy. Get 4 small self tapping screws and evenly space two out on the bottom of each foot peg. (stand the quad on the grab bar.) Just drill them home problem solved for under $2.00 You will love the AC's very comfortable once you get used to the size of them, light,and strong.

QuadJunkies
11-14-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i just recieved the new Pro Armor race peg nerfs and they are pretty trick me too!!

QuadJunkies
11-14-2005, 02:14 PM
I tired them out yesterday for the first time..So far so good :)

TheJaspMan
11-14-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by jwick07
The AC Pro pegs move where the foot pegs are. The reason for this is that to install the nerfs you have to remove the stock foot pegs which are too small for any good and repalce them with this metal rod. This rod bolts directly to frame where the stock pegs mount, the nerfs then slip over these pegs. So they will shake around a bit. To fix this is very easy. Get 4 small self tapping screws and evenly space two out on the bottom of each foot peg. (stand the quad on the grab bar.) Just drill them home problem solved for under $2.00 You will love the AC's very comfortable once you get used to the size of them, light,and strong.

They are designed to be drilled out and put bolts through. That keeps them from sliding and from vibrating. Good nerfs (not just expensive ones) will often have holes pre drilled. But not always.

QuadJunkies
11-14-2005, 03:01 PM

I have heard and seen other AC nerfs that move and dont fit stable. Thats one thing I didnt like about them is they didnt feel solid and fit seemed off some . The only thing I do like is the WIDE foot peg.

Each to there own I guess. ;)

TheJaspMan
11-14-2005, 03:32 PM
Have any of you ever checked out Extreme Fabrications stuff? I just put a set on the other day and they mounted perfect. No BS bending, twisting, cutting, moving or Dremel use to make them fit. They went on in less than 20 mins. And putting the nets on was only about a 10 min job. Very high quality stuff.

QuadJunkies
11-14-2005, 03:39 PM
ive never heard of those??!!! :) ^^^^

Thats what I liked about mine they are nice and sturdy and tight .

EXMARK
11-15-2005, 07:44 AM
I got my AC Pro Pegs /wheel guard yesterday and installed them last night. They were a pain to install, had to do some creative tweaking to get them just right. I was kinda anxious to see how they moved around like everyone said,but after instalation and the bolt that goes thru the peg "solid as a rock". I love these things they are awesome and look great.

TheJaspMan
11-15-2005, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by EXMARK
They were a pain to install, had to do some creative tweaking to get them just right.

That is my biggest issue with aftermarket product makers. No quality! You should NEVER have to tweak a $200-$300 set of nerf bars. They should simply fit! It is possible, no matter what kind of BS they try and make up.

EXMARK
11-15-2005, 07:53 AM
I totally agree. I was very close to packing them up and sending them back. For $200.00 you are right they sould fit no problems what so ever. Now that they are on I will keep them, but plan on making a call to voice my opinon however little it might do.

QuadJunkies
11-15-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by TheJaspMan
That is my biggest issue with aftermarket product makers. No quality! You should NEVER have to tweak a $200-$300 set of nerf bars. They should simply fit! It is possible, no matter what kind of BS they try and make up. AGREED!!!

EXMARK
11-15-2005, 10:03 AM
pics/pro pegs

EXMARK
11-15-2005, 10:06 AM
another/ pro pegs

EXMARK
11-15-2005, 10:07 AM
last one pro pegs

jwick07
11-15-2005, 10:18 AM
awh i remember when mine were that shiny

yellowex26
11-15-2005, 06:49 PM
How are the Tusk nerfs.. my mom ordered me a set for X-mas.

hardkoratvmxr
11-15-2005, 07:28 PM
AC, ProArmor, and X-Factor are really nice

11-15-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by jwick07
awh i remember when mine were that shiny

lol i was about to say that

400exrider26
11-16-2005, 04:00 AM
when you get those ac's- the footpeg looked like it has been raised... is this the case? like how much diffrent of a location has the peg been raised? also, do u guys have any problems with the heel of your boot getting stuck between the back of the footpeg and the heel guard?
EXMARK- what kind of tweaking did you do??
im trying to decide between ac propegs with heel guards or the proarmor propeg nerfs with heel guards... i ned to decide soon for x-mas- thanks

EXMARK
11-16-2005, 06:14 AM
400exrider26, I just had to put the bars on the floor put the front bars together and pull back alittle to get them lined up just right. It took longer to figure out why /what the problem was than it did to correct it. As far as the height of the pegs I think they are only a 1/4 inch higher. Its not very much I think its more of a optical illusion because the pegs are so big compared to the others. I had no problems with my boots and the heel guards, i wear a size 10.

jwick07
11-16-2005, 06:38 AM
The AC's do take a little getting use to because of how wide the pegs are. At first I didn't like them because I didn't think that I could get my size 13 boots far enough back on them but after riding more I dont think its a problem now.

eganracing
11-16-2005, 09:56 PM
just a little note on the pro armor pegs. i race with the pro armor and love them but be careful and check for cracks in the heel guards where they meet the support bar under the pegs. mine cracked and almost got ripped off when i bottomed out. if u do develope cracks they can be easily welded back together.

Mxjunkie
11-16-2005, 11:02 PM
I love my dg race pegs!

the pegs are very meaty, about 1 and a half inches wide with the footpeg as a kick up.

QuadJunkies
11-16-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by eganracing
just a little note on the pro armor pegs. i race with the pro armor and love them but be careful and check for cracks in the heel guards where they meet the support bar under the pegs. mine cracked and almost got ripped off when i bottomed out. if u do develope cracks they can be easily welded back together. aahhhhhh but Pro Armor fixed that problem.... ;) I too had crack issues .That sounded bad :o :p lol

eganracing
11-17-2005, 09:22 AM
o i didnt now they fixed the problem. sorry:p

QuadJunkies
11-17-2005, 09:53 AM
o i didnt now they fixed the problem. sorry:p
I think this has been fairly recent ;)

TCracin440ex
11-17-2005, 03:18 PM
ac pro pegs here....I have had my ac pro pegs for a while now and i love them.

i got the old style pro peg w/ the optional heel guard.

eganracing
11-17-2005, 04:34 PM
are the new pro armor heels still aluminum?

04TRX400EX
11-17-2005, 11:30 PM
Nobody has said anything about IMS/Roll Design products. Go with IMS heel guards and foot pegs with AC Racing nerfs. The package is a bit more expensive than others (about $300 for the heel guards & pegs and another $130+ for the nerfs) but IMS products are top-quality and look great too, and work really well with AC nerfs. I don't have them right now but can't wait to get them.

QuadJunkies
11-17-2005, 11:44 PM
are the new pro armor heels still aluminum? yuppers

trxkruzoffman
11-29-2005, 10:37 PM
i had pro armer nerfs with heal gaurds and they sucked, thats just my opinon, when i put them on i had to file the foot pag holes down to fit. it took me over 2 hours to put them on, and when i did i couldnt even put my pro wedges on they would rub against the heal gaurds, i traded them to a friend for a pair of works shocks. when he put them on his kenda Knarlys would rub and he had to take them off too

400exrider26
11-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Quote-"The AC Pro pegs move where the foot pegs are. The reason for this is that to install the nerfs you have to remove the stock foot pegs which are too small for any good and repalce them with this metal rod. This rod bolts directly to frame where the stock pegs mount, the nerfs then slip over these pegs. So they will shake around a bit. To fix this is very easy. Get 4 small self tapping screws and evenly space two out on the bottom of each foot peg. (stand the quad on the grab bar.) Just drill them home problem solved for under $2.00 You will love the AC's very comfortable once you get used to the size of them, light,and strong."

could you elaborate on the screw part?? want to make sure i get what your saying... which side do you screw them into... from the direction of the bottom of the peg or the top? any pictures to help me with this? thanks alot

jwick07
12-01-2005, 06:41 AM
I wish I had pictures, I ran the screws straight through the bottom of the footpeg into the mounting bars that the AC's slide onto. These mounting bars replace the stock foot pegs and are just pipes that the new nerfs mount to. I think that you could run those screws in though the top but it look hard to get them in throught the grooves in the AC pegs. Hope that helps.

Insanity18
12-01-2005, 02:46 PM
i have the a/c pro peg nerf bars, I love the oversized peg, as far as the rattle or shaking of the pegs, either fit a bigger sleeve on the new mounting peg to fit tighter or , i used a bike tire inner tube on all pieces to eliminate rattle and shake. i would suggest them. also have good deals available. later, tj

400exrules
12-04-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by 04TRX400EX
Nobody has said anything about IMS/Roll Design products. Go with IMS heel guards and foot pegs with AC Racing nerfs. The package is a bit more expensive than others (about $300 for the heel guards & pegs and another $130+ for the nerfs) but IMS products are top-quality and look great too, and work really well with AC nerfs. I don't have them right now but can't wait to get them.

Yah. I have the IMS kickup footpegs, with no heelguards or nerfs right now, and i just ran a turkey run two weeks ago....its a 2.5 hour ride through tight, tough trails, mud holes, small jumps, and all kinds of logs, ditches, and hill climbs....and not once did my feet slip off, or get close to coming off these pegs. These things BITE, and your pretty much guranteed to not slip off. But im getting the IMS heelguards for Christmas to go with the pegs.

Great quality, great looks. I highly recommend IMS products

400exrider26
12-08-2005, 06:10 PM
can the nerf bar net material adjust so it goes tighter or looser? does it stretch after time?

jwick07
12-08-2005, 06:51 PM
can the nerf bar net material adjust so it goes tighter or looser? does it stretch after time?

Yes you can adjust how tight they are and they dont stretch much, same material as tie down straps.

DJJ450r
12-08-2005, 09:01 PM
does anybody have the new AC black-line nerfs yet? i just ordered mine today along with the bumper. this will be my first set of pro pegs.:macho

jwick07
12-09-2005, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
does anybody have the new AC black-line nerfs yet? i just ordered mine today along with the bumper. this will be my first set of pro pegs.:macho

Please post up pics!!!! I'm really thinking of going this route.

DJJ450r
12-09-2005, 10:38 AM
it was either the the regular pro pegs or the black-line pro pegs, i chose the black-line because there black and they have the new replaceable foot pegs. i was worried that the regular pro pegs would where out to quick.:blah:

Bigun55
12-10-2005, 03:49 PM
Ive Had my AC pro pegs for a year now. I wouldnt have nothing over them. I like them over any nerfbar thats just me though

DJJ450r
12-20-2005, 08:32 PM
i finally got my black-line nerfs. bumpers on backorder tho:( i will get pics as soon as i can:macho