PDA

View Full Version : Any 400ex gizmos? ( motor problems)

yamablaster24
11-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Well i bought this motorfor 400.I tried starting it and it only idled but didnt rev out it would throw a flame and stall when you touched the throttle. I put a rocker cover on it, timing chain, then it didnt run right so then i put timing chain tensionor, nothing
Re did timing nothing
Jetted perfect-nothing
THen i took of cylinder head and found no head gasket.
Bought all new gaskets for top end and it barely even starts and idles now let alone reving.
Valves and piston are fine, valves seal. TIming is DEAD on

im red hot....

PLEASE DO NOT MOVE THIS I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET.
If anyone knows pm me your PN and i call you

2004exrider
11-10-2005, 08:42 PM
wow man still havin problems, that sucks.:( Could it quite possibly be your CDI or anything in the electrical circuit, maybe try doing a spark test?, Do you have the right spark plug for it, gapped right, not even sure if possible for a quad but maybe check the flywheel key isnt sheered a little, any air leaks around the carb that could quite possibly keep it from starting, have you done a compression check, do you have access to do a leak down test, also you said there was no head gasket did you check that the head was still flat and wasnt warped any, check the pcv tube aint piched off any way (or clogged), and that any vacuum lines off the carb arent clogged, maybe the carb needs a rebuild? Thats just the things i can think of (not sure how many of them you did so far) but good luck to ya hope that you find the problem soon.

Jimmy

nakomis0
11-11-2005, 06:53 AM
The next thing to check is definately the CDI. Borrow a buddies and swap them out.

Its easy to test..(if you have a buddies to borrow) and its so common to go out and has different symptoms when they go out.

So eleminate that.... if that doesn't work, then you can go back and see if its an air, fuel, or spark problem.

2004exrider
11-12-2005, 08:58 PM
any luck yet buddy?

Jimmy