PDA

View Full Version : I need help fast with the title for an atv

onefast400ex
11-10-2005, 05:56 PM
I saw this ltz400 for sale and have enough to get it. Its not an unbelievebly low price. Its the price of an average stock ltz400. The guy said he doesnt have the title but said the vins are clean. He said that I could apply for one. Does anyone know if I can apply by using a bill of sale and the vins. You think I will be ok If I get it.

Thanks
andrew

hondarider2006
11-10-2005, 05:58 PM
ask him why he doesn't have one first....

onefast400ex
11-10-2005, 06:01 PM
He said he never gave it a thought because he only rides on his own land.

hondarider2006
11-10-2005, 06:06 PM
doesn't matter....when he bought it he should of been givin a title. That is IF he bought it. I mean thats like buying a truck from a dealer....and not getting a title even if you are only driving it on your own property. I don't see why that would make a difference. Sounds kinda fishy to me:o

aviator4
11-10-2005, 07:51 PM
If he can't produce a title or other proof of ownership then WALK.

If it IS stolen and you buy it, you're perpetuating the theft of ATV's. If not, oh well, there will be another along soon. He should be able to at least show SOMETHING from when he bought the quad, a sales receipt, pictures of it when it was new, insurance, SOMETHING. - if he can't, it's stolen. Thats too much money wrapped up there not to have some sort of documentation.

BSTURDIVANT
11-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Some dealers just give a MSO- If he lost the MSO then you're SOL!
unless you don't need to title. Go to your Suzuki dealer and run the ser. #- it will give original owner and will show if stolen.

onefast400ex
11-11-2005, 03:11 PM
He has the bill of sale from the original owner and has the some proof of purchase papers. I went on the pa dmv website and they said I need the bill of sale from the original owner and who I bought it off of if I want to apply for a title and register it. He has the original owners address phone number and information on him and they also have his information. The vins are clean.

jmc400ex02
11-11-2005, 04:00 PM
I dont have a title for my 400 ex....I baught it used and recieved a bill of sale...I have insurance on it and it was ran befor my insurance company would insure it...Bring the vin and a bil of sale to the sec. of state and they will issue a new one...If the guy selling it will give a bill of sale with a vin and he signs it you are in the clear!!!