View Full Version : To HRC or not to HRC

jhoppa
11-10-2005, 04:49 PM
I am thinking about getting the 06 450r. Went to a dealer and he said that the HRC kit is a joke and over-priced. He recommended just getting a different pipe as this will produce just as much HP.

Anybody have any experience with HRC package?? Agree or disagree with this sales rep????

450Redrider5
11-10-2005, 05:24 PM
I'd say that my HRC kit was well worth it but a pipe will probally do just about as much as a HRC kit

E.POWERSPORTS
11-10-2005, 07:46 PM
But a slip on and the HRC kit??????

The HRC kit is worth it in my opinion. It's nice to know that you will have a considerable horsepower increase and be jetted perfectly if you are near sea level. I will have to see a dyno on an aftermarket full exhaust over this setup before I spend the 500+ on a full exhaust. As far as I can tell, the insides of the stock muffler on the '06 are alot less restrictive than the stock '05. For some people it will be nice to know that they can just rejet and put their stock endcap on and we legal for places like the Oregon Dunes. Also, you will keep your full warranty if it's installed by a dealer. It sounds like 350 for about 5 horsepower, that's not bad.

11-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Is this at a honda dealer? If it is this guy is not too smart. I feel the HRC kit is a great bang for the buck , and add a pipe to that combo ....it will run great.

WWW.FUELATV.COM

dirteater74
11-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Well I have an 04 and the hrc kit is a huge improvement by itself but even more so when you combine it with an aftermarket exhaust. I don't think your salesman knew what he was talking about, most factory quads are choked up with stock cams and jetting. So when you improve these areas with aftermarket parts or factory race parts it's all worth the price tag and then some.

Transplant2
11-10-2005, 08:02 PM
It's worth it...and I like knowing it's all honda parts. The HRC header is fat and the stock can flows good...almost straight thru. Besides...look how many people run the HRC cam in their 04/05s.

06 stock vs HRC:

jhoppa
11-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Cool, thanks guys. Yes, this was a Honda dealership that told me the HRC kit was not needed. I figured he was talking out his *****.

thanks for confirming...

supradean
11-11-2005, 07:19 AM
I will be installing my kit tonight. From bone stock to this and you can bet i will post seat of the pants improvement.
I know the stock feel is soft and this alone has to be from the restrictive baffle alone.

OKTRX450R
11-11-2005, 12:34 PM
Why would any dealer tell you it is not needed? Crazy...he can sell you the kit and charge you to put it on...is it a full moon?

I think the HRC kit is excellent and a wonderful platform to build from...ie. adding a pipe later, etc.