PDA

View Full Version : Fire

Scott-300ex
11-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Anybody here a firefighter?

I'm going to sign up. I just talked to the fire chief today, lives 2 houses down from me, I'm 18, but turns out I have to be 21 to join cuz damn insurance:grr: He really wants me to be one though, cuz I know him. So we meet every Monday at the Fire House and 1 Thursday a month for a business meeting. When I sign up you gotta turn in a criminal background check and then they vote on you, but I'm friends with most of them so I should get on easily, then you go to training and then practice on burning houses and stuff.

I wanna be a firemen cuz I love fire, I carry my zippo and knife around 24/7, that don't mean anything but I love fire, and I am smart about fire, I have done a lot of stuff with it and know a lot about it and wut I'm doing.

Also, when the horn sounds, I get to drive fast to the fire house:D

Oh and I guess saving people is cool.:blah:

:devil:

trx400exxracer
11-10-2005, 04:28 PM
my dad used to be an assistant fire chief

initall
11-10-2005, 04:45 PM
i am a volenteer firefighter

Hon300ex
11-10-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
Anybody here a firefighter?

Oh and I guess saving people is cool.:blah:

:devil:

savin ppl should be the main reason u want to b a firefighter. u said u like fire, but the purpose is to put the fire out not watch it. im not trying to be mean or anything but thats jus wut i think. have fun with whate ever you do tho.

Scott-300ex
11-10-2005, 06:29 PM
I did that as a joke, putting that last and saying, "Oh, I guess." If I save somebody that would be awsome.

And when I said I have experience and stuff, thats for like upcoming issues, wut if the fire hits the torch tanks, hits grease, cuz puttin water on a grease fire spreads it, and information like that, I can make the right call and save stuff.

Thanks though.

BlazingYamahaYz
11-10-2005, 09:38 PM
I am a volunteer firefighter. I start getting Paid per call when I turn 18. I've been on the department for a little over 2 years. I was/still am friends with just about everyone on our department. It is definetly an adrenaline rush. Don't drive fast, cuz you will end up causing an accident. There are so many aspects about firefighting that are awesome...nothing like driving through traffic w/lights and sirens and wailing on the air horn :devil: Take some basic classes, get Firefighter 2 certified and get your EMT-B and you should be set for a while. I have my F2 and will be taking my emt-b soon. Enjoy it, it's an awesome job and you meet plenty of great people!

Scott-300ex
11-10-2005, 09:41 PM
Thats awsome, you sound really into it.

Where is Millbrook eh?

I bet that is cool, like your so important everyone gets out of your way and respects you, damn I can't wait. LoL

Thats cool you got to do it when you were 18.

And yeah, I'm buddies with like 2 of them, and there are 32 people in the dept. so I bet we'll have a good time, get togethers, beer drinkin, cuz I'll be 21 by then, and party's and stuff, I'm lookin forward to it.