PDA

View Full Version : Like New XC 2000 400EX

400exdad
11-10-2005, 04:17 PM
2000 400EX – Better Than New!

Low hours, bought in 2001 from original owner in new condition. Adult owned
Better than new! $3,500.00 Cash Talks.

Mods include:

10.5:1 J&E std bore piston (10.7:1 actual compression)
XR400 Camshaft
Mild port/port matched cylinder head
Denton Steering Stabilizer
PRM Rear Grab Bar
Shredders front and rear.
PRM Swing Arm Skid (custom modded for GT Thunder link)
PRM A-arm Guards
AC Frame Skid
Duncan Chrome front bumper
Custom Air Scoops
Custom Oil Line Guard
Custom Baffle Airbox Lid (Honda should have done it this way.)
Many polished and chrome parts (see pics).
FMF Q Muffler
Ceramic Coated (with welds ground) stock headpipe.
Peg extenders.
Specialized Bike Speedo (works well and accurate)
Recent Brake Pads.
Neoprene Shock Cover – New (removed for pics)

Newest Addition: March 2005, I installed Elka Triple Rates on the front and had the rear shock rebuilt by GT Thunder and revalved to work with his shock link and included a new rear sping. He also sold me the fronts. The shocks were set up for aggressive cross country and 230 lbs. Powdercoated link protector on PRM swingarm skid. Lowered quad 1.5” all the way around and made it handle AWESOME! Probably not 10 to 20 hours since shocks were installed.

This quad is in great condition and truthfully does not have that many hours. The carrier bearings were replaced last year and the chain and sprocket are still original…. but it is about time to replace them. The clutch is still original too. Why are the hours so low? When you look at the pics, you can see that I almost prefer to tinker with this quad than ride it! The plastic has the usual woods scuffs and a few scratches, but as you can see cleans up well and shines with an application of Armor All. As you can see in the pics also, the only cracks in the plastic are over the rear grab bar. This occurred with a heavy layer of mud on the fenders and them bouncing on the top of the grab bar. I have since relieved (notched) the grab bar to eliminate this problem when replacement plastic is installed. I have used Mobil 1 synthetic for about 2 years now and changed it after every 2-3 good rides.

What does it need? Nothing. However, I am into preventative maintenance. I have already purchased a 450R timing chain for it and all the lower a-arm seals and bearings. All of it came from Service Honda. Supposedly, it is not returnable, so I am throwing it in with the quad.

Why am I selling it? Actually, in March, I had no plans to sell it. That is why I spent the $$$ on the shocks. However, we have decided to switch to dirt bikes since all my friends have already swapped.

Location and Shipping: I live just outside of Memphis, TN. I’ll be happy to take it to a truck lines or the airport as there are plenty in Memphis. I may assist in crating the quad for a nominal fee. We can work that out. I’ll also drive half way (up to 100 miles from Memphis) to meet you somewhere.

PM me or E-mail me for more info @ sportingatv@netscape.com.

smithieEXrider2
11-10-2005, 04:34 PM
if i had the 3500, i'd hit you up in a heart beat!

goochy
11-10-2005, 06:15 PM
:D quad looks great in person !! LOTS of bling bling on it !!

400exdad
11-11-2005, 05:42 AM
Smithie, maybe we can work something out. :D

Thanks Goochy. <---he rides and I pretend to. :p

smithieEXrider2
11-11-2005, 12:56 PM
ball-park, what would you let it go for?

400exdad
11-11-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by smithieEXrider2
ball-park, what would you let it go for?

Make me an offer and I promise not to be offended. :D If you're serious, I'll work with you on some shipping costs and then we can come to an agreement on price. You will not be disappointed, but I would be happy to use an escrow service if you want. This quad is the cleanest 2000 that you will find. Heck, our 1996 300EX is in Much Much better shape than the 2002 KDX220 that we brought home! :eek2:

400exdad
11-15-2005, 05:09 AM
No offers before I start taking the goodies off of it?

Aceman
11-15-2005, 06:57 PM
Nice quad, free bump:D By the way your location says Mississippi, but now you live in Memphis??

400exdad
11-16-2005, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Aceman
Nice quad, free bump:D By the way your location says Mississippi, but now you live in Memphis??

Thanks for the bump! :D Memphis is in the very southwest corner of Tennessee... about 1 mile north of the state line. The Tennessee - Mississippi state line. I live just south of that state line. In Mississippi. Memphis is the largest industrialized ;) city near my house. That was your geography lesson for today. :blah:

johnsls
11-16-2005, 06:01 AM
Well you could have at least cleaned it up a little b4 posting all those pics. gee wizz -
:devil: :eek2: :p :p :D

FREE BUMP,, VERY NICE !

Adams747
11-16-2005, 04:29 PM
Serious cash buyer that is interested in IN, but will be in land between the lakes next week.
You can email me @ adams@acutetraining.com.

Aceman
11-16-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by 400exdad
Thanks for the bump! :D Memphis is in the very southwest corner of Tennessee... about 1 mile north of the state line. The Tennessee - Mississippi state line. I live just south of that state line. In Mississippi. Memphis is the largest industrialized ;) city near my house. That was your geography lesson for today. :blah:

Lesson learned.:D Look at a US map first. LOL.:blah: I live out west, didn't realize Mississippi was that close to Tennessee. DOH.

400exdad
11-17-2005, 07:15 PM
Its on Ebay now.

400exdad
11-23-2005, 06:48 AM
Sold