PDA

View Full Version : 465 kit???

trxkruzoffman
11-10-2005, 11:43 AM
i have a 400ex and i want to get a big bore kit, i was looking at a 440 kit but i want to go bigger, i was wondering if anybody has a 465 and how they like it or dislike it, did you have wiseco or tinitie do it? how much did it cost? and did they do a good job at it?
your imput woud be really helfull

bwamos
11-10-2005, 12:08 PM
Weisco just sells the parts. They don't do engine work, as far as I know. You have to do the work yourself. Or, you need to find another builder like FST, Sparks, Dasa, etc.. Those would be your best bet IMHO. Call one up and see what they would reccomend for you.

Don't know anyhting about the other.

I personally wouldn't go any larger on the bore than the 440. If you want more cc's than that you'll want to look at stroking the motor as well. There's quite a few guys on here with monster 400's they can probably give you some good advice.

K_Fulk
11-10-2005, 07:01 PM
I did my 465 my self.

I had US Chrome do the cylinder, My local builder had JE make some custom pistons, and and I had falicon balance my crank.

If you want to have a builder do it I would recomend FST, Sparks or Duncan. If not get the parts from weisco or whoever else and do it your self or have a reliable local builder do it.

SHADETREE101
11-10-2005, 07:16 PM
i have never been convinced of the power i have seen from the big bore engines. i have seen 440, 465,470, and i can run them all down with my 426. i know the 465 and 470 were a big difference. the 470 reved slow, stroker. the 465 came out strong, reved real hard, but the 465 was on alcohol too. my 426 is on alcohol now with a 44mm lectron and this thing flies. nobody can believe i got this much performance from the smaller bore engine. but i did. http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/shadetree101/iwin.jpg good luck with the big bore thought.

trxkruzoffman
11-13-2005, 09:02 PM
so with the people with the big bores would u recomend it for trail riding or not?

K_Fulk
11-13-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by trxkruzoffman
so with the people with the big bores would u recomend it for trail riding or not?

I feel comfortable on mine in the woods even with extended a-arms and axle. As long as your suspensions is setup properly and are used to the extra power you should be fine.