PDA

View Full Version : who ever has a Dr. D pipe

trxkruzoffman
11-10-2005, 12:24 AM
just wondering, how much is a dr. d pipe for a 400ex, full? or just slip on

sean94z
11-10-2005, 10:13 AM
Slip on is like $230.

I had a DrD on my other fiddy that I sold, it was a pretty nice exhaust.

04TRX400EX
11-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Just recently got my slip-on for my '04 400EX. I ordered it from Parts Direct (http://www.gopartsdirect.com/atv/onlinecatalog2003.asp?CategoryID=60&SubCategory=&Model=Honda%20TRX400EX) for $240. It was the best price I could find and it had free shipping. I'm not sure about the full-system, don't even know if it exists. I love the exhaust. I am very pleased with the power gains and love the way it sounds- deeper and a little quieter than others. I say go for it!

spaz416
11-12-2005, 10:04 AM
wurrrd man i love my dr.d. i got mine from temecula motorsports for $214, thats a purrrrrrrdy darn good deal

trxkruzoffman
11-13-2005, 09:08 PM
yeah i hear they are really good on the hp and on the noise issue, around here were i live the owner of our tracks gets a hissy fit over some of the quads around here, supper loud, i have a T-4 on mine and ive gotten the cops called on me, i want somthing that is powerfull but also cut down on the noise.

and the jetting what are u guys running, like a 155 main?

04TRX400EX
11-13-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by trxkruzoffman
yeah i hear they are really good on the hp and on the noise issue, around here were i live the owner of our tracks gets a hissy fit over some of the quads around here, supper loud, i have a T-4 on mine and ive gotten the cops called on me, i want somthing that is powerfull but also cut down on the noise.

and the jetting what are u guys running, like a 155 main?

Took my quad out for a little ride on Friday and came across another 400EX with a FMF Factory4 slip-on. I usually cant hear other quads too well over my exhaust, but when he came up along me I couldn't even hear my own pipe! That's what I love about Dr. D. It is great on power and not too loud.

I am running a 150 main right now, but I think I need to go up to a 152. I'm not quite getting the throttle response I think I should.

muddy400EX
11-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by 04TRX400EX
Took my quad out for a little ride on Friday and came across another 400EX with a FMF Factory4 slip-on. I usually cant hear other quads too well over my exhaust, but when he came up along me I couldn't even hear my own pipe! That's what I love about Dr. D. It is great on power and not too loud.

I am running a 150 main right now, but I think I need to go up to a 152. I'm not quite getting the throttle response I think I should.

throttle response would be in your needle settings, try adjusting the needle