PDA

View Full Version : Axis rear shock and GTT linkage

kbass24emtp
11-09-2005, 08:46 PM
I was told that you can't run an Axis rear shock with rebound adjustment with a GTT style linkage. Does anyone have this set up? How does it compare to a revalved shock?

fandl450r
11-09-2005, 09:13 PM
I have the GT Thunder Linkage with the an Axis dual rate, dual adjust (compression and rebound) on mine and I couldn't be happier, soaks up anything I can throw at it. I ran a revalved, dual rate stock shock for a while with the linkage and it worked pretty good too. Most people will be fine with this setup a stock shock that has been reworked, but its kind of nice to have an aftermarket rear shock.

kbass24emtp
11-09-2005, 09:36 PM
How is the clearance between the rebound adjuster and the linkage? The reason I am asking is I called Axis up today and they told me I could only get compression adjustment.

fandl450r
11-10-2005, 04:34 PM
I have never had a problem with it hitting. I currently have my bike apart but I can shoot you some emails sometime if you would like with pictures of it. To tell you the truth, I was looking through some pics, I'm not sure if got rebound on there. I'll check and get back to you.

kbass24emtp
11-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Some pics would be great. Thanks

R3Concepts
11-10-2005, 06:12 PM
I have this setup FOR SALE, check it out, pics posted as well, smokin deal.

R3Concepts
11-10-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by fandl450r
I have the GT Thunder Linkage with the an Axis dual rate, dual adjust (compression and rebound) on mine and I couldn't be happier, soaks up anything I can throw at it. I ran a revalved, dual rate stock shock for a while with the linkage and it worked pretty good too. Most people will be fine with this setup a stock shock that has been reworked, but its kind of nice to have an aftermarket rear shock.

Axis wont build a dual adj. for the 450R..The shock is too short to begin with and with Axis using a longer fork design then you would loose 1/2 of travel with the rebound adjuster..They do have a rebound clevus in the works as we speak that will be a stock type, screw driver adjust, on the fork, but will need a new shaft on the single rate, comp. only rear shock to the tune of 200 bucks.

The compression only works well and the valving can make up the rebound differences, also you can run a stiffer spring and run the shock with a lot of positive preload to make more rebound dampening.

fandl450r
11-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by fandl450r
I have never had a problem with it hitting. I currently have my bike apart but I can shoot you some emails sometime if you would like with pictures of it. To tell you the truth, I was looking through some pics, I'm not sure if got rebound on there. I'll check and get back to you.

I corrected myself R3, sorry.

R3Concepts
11-10-2005, 06:53 PM
No need to be sorry, no flame intended, just spreadin the knowledge.

rowlrag
11-10-2005, 07:11 PM
I run a Houser +1.25 swinger, GT link an a Axis shock. Works Awesome. Rebound is perfect. I weigh about 190 and run a 400lb single spring.