PDA

View Full Version : Swing Arm Bearings

DAVE14
11-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Its time to do my swingarm bearings `& was wondering which ones to get ? all balls pivot works or any old thing I dont take real big air on this thing but it gets hard fast abusive trail riding though & I dont wanna have to do this again for a while

.any thoughts would be apreciated since I wanna order these tomorrow.

400exrider707
11-09-2005, 08:23 PM
swingarm bearings by the engine or are you talking about axle bearings?

Personally I use OEM Honda bearings, but I've had good luck with the all balls products.

DAVE14
11-09-2005, 08:28 PM
I meant swing arm bearings with the big bolt that goes through the motor etc. , I already have a rad carrier for the axle.

400exrider707
11-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by DAVE14
I meant swing arm bearings with the big bolt that goes through the motor etc. , I already have a rad carrier for the axle.

Ok I thought so, but wasn't sure cause a lot of people say swingarm bearings and mean carrier bearings. Do you know the last time the bolt was out of there, if at all? That is probably going to be your biggest concern out of everything! I'd say try and get that sucker out first cause it will be the MOST complicated part of this project.

DAVE14
11-09-2005, 09:03 PM
bo biggie I had it out when the motor was out theres probably not a bolt that hasnt been turned on this bike now & coated with anti-seize thats when I noticed they were shot but I had the motor goin I had to ride it a bit I didnt want to wait for more stuff & have it sittin in peices!

400exrider707
11-09-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by DAVE14
bo biggie I had it out when the motor was out theres probably not a bolt that hasnt been turned on this bike now & coated with anti-seize thats when I noticed they were shot but I had the motor goin I had to ride it a bit I didnt want to wait for more stuff & have it sittin in peices!

Ok well thats good, so then I would get the honda bearings or all balls personally. Honda is probably a little more but I find that they last the longest as well.