PDA

View Full Version : Klaw MX, holeshot mxr, or turf tamer

h400exrydr
11-09-2005, 06:08 PM
What kind of tires should i get for mx racing. I want the best wear resistance possible. Does any body have experience with any of these tires? Thanks

deathman53
11-09-2005, 06:32 PM
holeshot mxr wear very fast, kenda klaws wear kinda quick on hard terrain, I don't know about turf tamers, well I'll know pretty soon about turftamers as I'm getting a set. I'm also gonna use grooved radials for the fronts. Kenda knarly's wear very good, expect on hard terrain, they wear quick on hard terrain.

400exrider707
11-09-2005, 08:27 PM
klaws will last the longest out of all of those, and I have used all types. The MXR4's wear really fast, and they lose their "bite" after a short while. Tamers will seem to keep their bite longer, as long as they're grooved, but do wear just as quick as the MXR4's IMO, but the klaws offer less traction than the other two, but will last longer. The new Holeshot SX's are supposed to hook up better and last longer so that might be something to look into as well.

jwick07
11-10-2005, 01:28 PM
I love turf tamers on hard packed tracks or when they have blue grooved, they get good wear, they do well on groomed tracks too but make sure you have a more aggressive type of tire for when it gets mucky because they don't self clean well and you will just slip and slide.

h400exrydr
11-12-2005, 05:48 PM
wat about razr MX. are them any good?

300ex73
11-14-2005, 10:18 AM
I've not had a problem with mine wearing too fast at all. And I'm definitely really hard on tires. Mine still have quite a bit of tread, nd are hard to get to break traction on hard or soft terrain.

11-16-2005, 10:26 AM
i read in dirt wheels some were that kenda were the slowest but mxr (not mxr4)are the best for mx.

SidewaysSam
11-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Ive been running turf tamers all summer and haven't noticed them losing any grip, except for loose dirt at the start. Pumping up the air pressure has helped with the cornering on hard pack, but i get a more comfortable feeling with them when the pressures are lower.

duncan440ex
11-18-2005, 12:24 PM
i've road on turf tamers at the track all they did was slip nice for the corners but sucked everywhere else. IMO mxr4's are well worth the money.