PDA

View Full Version : Raptors???

ugottabayou
11-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Still lookin for a new quad - looked into the 05 Raptor 660 Special Edition. What all problems or weaknesses are there on Raptors?

Foxracin
11-09-2005, 05:31 PM
None.:macho

coryatver
11-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Foxracin
None.:macho
I think they have a problem with the one way starter. They may have fixed it on the 06

cjkranz
11-09-2005, 06:41 PM
Still looking for a Rappy? I have a '04 Red and White, and an '03 LE, both in excellent shape and both with extras.

ugottabayou
11-09-2005, 06:45 PM
Yes lookin for a Raptor but I am wanting to buy a new quad instead of used. I also would like to get than sport camo they have on the special editions. I heard a possibility of the aluminum components like the upper a-arms, swingarm, etc, are easier to break or bend... I know a guy who just rolled his raptor and it bent some a-arms... Just wondering of the strength of its components...

cjkranz
11-09-2005, 07:00 PM
As far as buying a LE new now, that may be tough... I know the A-arms can bent, but so can a $1000 custom made set. If you take a hard enough spill or run into something with them, they will bend/break. As far as this being a weak spot on Raptors, I have never heard of this. That doesn't mean its not the case, I just haven't heard of it. I believe all raptors have the same a-arms, the LE models are just painted different. I can do some checking around for a new '05 LE if you are interested...jk

ugottabayou
11-09-2005, 07:10 PM
The local atv shop has a raptor le in stock now, but they don't budge off of msrp price so i'm gonna keep checking around the area.

cjkranz
11-09-2005, 07:31 PM
Which local shop is that?

MadDog56
11-09-2005, 07:54 PM
One way is an issue for all raptors, 01-05. 04 and 05 have a beefed up oneway, but it still fails. No problems with bent a-arms or tie rods, they are pretty good stock. Parts are not aluminum, but I think the 06's have aluminum uppers. Tie rods can bend easily, but that's what happens when you swipe a tree. Its better than replacing a steering stem and an a-arm.

ugottabayou
11-10-2005, 01:10 PM
The local shop is in Hutchinson, Ks.

troutman561
11-10-2005, 01:35 PM
my friend has one and has bent stock a-arms multiple times, im not trying to say honda is better but i have had impacts myself alot harder than his in the same spots and my a-arms didnt even get a dent when when he landed bad form doing a wheelie his bent, and also his axle just bent form doin a jump, but other than that its a good quad, alittle top heavy tho

250r4life
11-10-2005, 03:53 PM
u said you are looking into new. well, to tell you the truth the new 06 raptors are so new that they are unproven. i have heard fron the dealer that there are some problems with the 700. if you are looking into new ones nobody can really tell you what the weaknesses and vulnerabilities are cuz its so new... when the 01s came out you didnt hear too much, but a little while later tons of people started having tranny problems... i am very curious to know how this fuel injection holds up in sand, as well as ive heard there are problems with the fan and cooling system... we'll just wait and have to see, but usually the 2nd year of the quad is a good time to buy as they have seen what needs to be changed and have changed it...