PDA

View Full Version : Clear coat

400exrules
11-09-2005, 05:06 PM
I wanna do some polishing this winter, but i heard it will wear off fast and you will have to do it over again like after it gets dirty or you wash it. Is this true? and is their some kind of clear coat thing you can buy to protect it?

and if i polished the motor mounts would it be ok to take one off, polish it, put it back on, and then do the other one?

Pappy
11-09-2005, 05:36 PM
zoop seal, clear enamel etc will work to seal the polish job. it can even be powdercoated clear.

www.eastwoodcompany.com has what you need

400exrules
11-09-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
zoop seal, clear enamel etc will work to seal the polish job. it can even be powdercoated clear.

www.eastwoodcompany.com has what you need

k cool, thanks Pappy. Can i take the two front motor mounts off, near the oil tank, to polish them at the same time, or will it put too much stress on the other remaining mounts? Im probably gonna get some buffer attachments at home depot, to put on my dads dremel and use that instead of wearin myself out usin elbow grease

kicken250x
11-09-2005, 07:29 PM
zoop seal is the easiest and works GREAT. usualy when you clear soemthing the material pools more in certain spots and leaves the morror wavy unless you know what youre doing zoop seal doesnt do that. both motor mounts can come off, just dont ride with them off!!! the best thing i have found for polishing is 6 inch buffing wheels that go on a bench grinder. i use those to polish and a real fine scotch brite wheel to knock out any pits in the metal

400exrules
11-09-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by kicken250x
zoop seal is the easiest and works GREAT. usualy when you clear soemthing the material pools more in certain spots and leaves the morror wavy unless you know what youre doing zoop seal doesnt do that. both motor mounts can come off, just dont ride with them off!!! the best thing i have found for polishing is 6 inch buffing wheels that go on a bench grinder. i use those to polish and a real fine scotch brite wheel to knock out any pits in the metal

is their any way to purchase a smaller amount of zoop seal, cuz all i could find on that site pappy posted was like a $140 kit.:huh