PDA

View Full Version : drop in or clamp on

jumptruck
11-09-2005, 04:55 PM
i was wondering from some on that maybe has tryed both what the the benntifits of each were which produces more power can you ride the clap on in rainy weather if so how much water things like that thanks p.s. i have a pure polaris slip on

MAaudioX10
11-09-2005, 05:15 PM
For performance, the clamp-on will benefit you more than a drop in. As you may already know, the stock airbox on these Preds are a JOKE! When I did have a drop-in, I couldn't get the thing to seal. So, I chucked the airbox and added a clamp-on. Little bit more power, overall. Jetting was a little bit of a pain but, once jetted, it ran great.

Only thing to remember with a clamp on is that it is out in the open, obviously, so extra care needs to be give in keeping it dry.

I no longer run a clamp-on and opted for the CFM airbox with twin K&N filters. Flows more than a clamp on and is a bit easier to jet.

jumptruck
11-09-2005, 05:20 PM
thanks for the info sounds like the aftermarket box gives the best of both so thats the way i will go any idea were to start with the jetting i live about 530 feet above sea level and have the slip on

MAaudioX10
11-09-2005, 06:27 PM
CFM flows considerably more than a simple airbox...I'd start @ 175 MJ, 50 PJ, and needle in stock position.

Then go from there....