PDA

View Full Version : Third gear broke!!!!!

1honda
11-09-2005, 02:12 PM
Just wondering if this is common problem or am I just a little hard on my equipment, I was running the Oklahoma Gold Rush grandprix when after about an hour and a half went around a corner and no other gear but second or neutral. I have had the false neutral that everyone complains about but this just happened all of a sudden. Split the case last night and third gear broke and chipped fourth also bent two shift forks. Anybody else have this problem?

bobbo97f150
11-09-2005, 11:19 PM
I had a gear dog break off of 5th gear. Third and fourth gear dogs were nasty looking too. I race MX with mine and have heard of this from a few other people. Be sure to look at the gear dogs and teeth on the rest of the gears. I would replace all three shift forks and inspect the shift drum journals for wear. Might as well do crank bearings, seals, and counterbalancer bearings while your in there if the motor has some time on it. This stuff adds up quick.

ThumPIN_450R
11-10-2005, 12:43 AM
I broke all the dogs off the back of one of the gears too and if you had as much metal go through the bottom end of you're motor as me you may as well do like I did and replace every bearing in the bottom end of that thing or you will be doing it later any ways. My tranny also wasted my cases but there was sooo much metal in there it was rediculas.