PDA

View Full Version : pros and cons 400ex vs a 250r

MX wannabe
11-09-2005, 11:56 AM
i want to know which i should buy a 400ex or a 250r thanks...

Joe400ex
11-09-2005, 01:33 PM
well if ur going to ride trails i would go with a 400ex. But i will admit if i were to trade my quad with another i wouold get a 250 r. I dont know its a tough one all that matters is that ur riding a Honda

Ride Red:devil:

04'400ex'er
11-09-2005, 04:56 PM
It just depends on what you want. if you are planning on dropping alot of money into the quad and the motor then the R would probably be a good choice. Two strokes are eiser and cheaper to build horsepower out of. BUT, when you buy an atv that old beware of small things to go wrong from the years of wear and tear. And you will probably spend as much on a 250R as you would on say a used 04' 400ex. Just remember the R will always have more speed potential if thats all your looking for.

MX wannabe
11-09-2005, 09:04 PM
well its cause i can get an 88 250r for 1500cdn and it only needs the case on the left side and it is good to go.. and i run a 300ex now but i go with my friends all have 400s and 450s so i wanted the r cause its cheaper to fix and it can keep up...

ccd
11-11-2005, 06:44 AM
I looked at a 250r but eventually bought a 400ex. ?. Is there a huge difference in suspension with a 250r. It looks like a very different machine. Do they handle different? Are there advantages to the 250r? Is it substantially lighter or isn't it noticable? I have heard they go like a bat outta ****. These may be ignorant questions but I have never ridden one. Thanks. Steve

04'400ex'er
11-11-2005, 11:38 AM
the stock suspension on the R isnt great but the frame geometry is. with a plus 2 setup and aftermarket shocks it has one of the best suspension setups around. the motor is fairly mild in stock form compared to todays new 450's. but remember you can mod a 2 stroke alot more than a 4 stroke. If you want a classic wuad and are willing to spice it up a little with suspension and motor work, along with plastics and general appearance pieces, you will have a very nice quad. if you are not planning on modding the machine then you would be better off buying an r that has already been modded.

11-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by 04'400ex'er
the stock suspension on the R isnt great but the frame geometry is. with a plus 2 setup and aftermarket shocks it has one of the best suspension setups around. the motor is fairly mild in stock form compared to todays new 450's. but remember you can mod a 2 stroke alot more than a 4 stroke. If you want a classic wuad and are willing to spice it up a little with suspension and motor work, along with plastics and general appearance pieces, you will have a very nice quad. if you are not planning on modding the machine then you would be better off buying an r that has already been modded.

dude thats your 1000th post.....post pics of tits:macho