PDA

View Full Version : HRC Air box work with Twin Air Power Filter set up??

Xjman1
11-08-2005, 09:50 PM
Well I have the HRC kit on order and should behere tomorrow, but the mod bug is bitting hard and I just won a Twin Air Power Filter kit as the HRC does not come with a filter. This leads to some questions:

1) How good is the stock filter?

2) Will the HRC box with the inlet "tubes" work with the Twin Air Power Filter set up or is it one or the other? I have read it is hard to just open the box on the TRX's and that the tubes are pretty well designed for air management.

3) If they will not compliment each other which route would you go?

I guess it means, should I open up and install all the HRC kit air box components or just place in the Twin Air Power Filter basket or vice versa?

I need to get an immunization shot from that damn mod bug as my wife is going to kill me at this rate.

P.S If you run this set up please post pics

shamisc
11-08-2005, 11:16 PM
An aftermarket filter will not show you any noticable gains. It barely shows on a Dyno. I have a fairly modded R and still use the stock filter. They're only $12 new. Just remember to STAY AWAY from K&N if you ride in dusty conditions!!! They let too much dirt in!! Save your money and spend it on a slip-on. The Dr.D made a huge difference over the HRC end-cap!;)

kbass24emtp
11-09-2005, 07:52 AM
I still use the stock filter, and it works great. I just removed the airbox lid and put an Outerwear airbox cover on. Also, I would get a pipe.

Xjman1
11-09-2005, 08:23 AM
Good deal guys, Slip on is in the mail. Just curious of which way to take the intake/filter side now that I have two oprions.

Xjman1
11-10-2005, 08:51 AM
This link is one of the "threads" that got me guessing, any opinions on this here?

Open Airbox = loss of HP? (http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305529)