PDA

View Full Version : Tire & wheel help needed!

ccole400EX
06-21-2002, 03:48 AM
I'm in the market for some new rear wheels and tires but not sure on what to get any help would be great. I would like to stick with the holeshots tires but which one is best for all around riding. I ride a little bit of everything. Also what size would be good to have on the back of my modded 400ex? Now the wheels. Are the "racing wheels" with the rings in them just for MX or can they be used on any kind of riding? Will rocks hitting the rings tear them up? What do you all think about the wheels with the rolled edges? What size rear wheel would be good. Thanks for your time and any help. I plan on ordering some up today so i can get them before the holiday weekend so thanks alot for your help!

Ben
06-21-2002, 04:58 AM
I run 20" razrs, which are quite similar to the Holeshots, on trails with excellent results - including thick (but not deep) mud and snow. You can run beadlocks racing or on the trails. The rolled edges are stronger than their flat counterparts and less likely to dent/bend. So I guess what I am saying is - run 20" Holeshots (or razrs) with your stock rims.