PDA

View Full Version : blaster airbox help

newcastle915
11-08-2005, 08:36 PM
how do you blaster guys have your airboxes sealed up my buddy has his lid on with a couple holes in the back and hes getting all kind of crap in his carb but on my 450 i go through water up to the seat and nothing in mine with no lid at all

bradley300
11-08-2005, 08:48 PM
does he have the snorkel on the air box still? if not, you need to run a few pieces of duct tape from one side of the plastic, under the hole for the snorkel and attach it to the other side. also make sure you take out the drain plug so if water gets in the airbox it has a quick way out

newcastle915
11-08-2005, 09:02 PM
what do you mean with the duct tape and the drain plug is out could he be sucking stuff through the vent tube on the carb cuz he was actually getting dirt in the slide and making it stick

bradley300
11-09-2005, 07:00 AM
first make sure he has all the hoses on the carb.

stretch a few pices of duct tape across the frame in front of the air box. there is a big hole on the front of the airbox lid where the snorkel mounts. just make sure the duct tape goes under that, you'll see what i mean when you look at it. this keep water from splashing up into the airbox. also, tape off the hole where the oil injection filler cap was if he's taken off the oil injection

Acello
11-10-2005, 05:12 PM
can you just tkae off the snorkel and just have the air box lid still on and be okay.

bradley300
11-11-2005, 07:22 AM
yeah, you can take just the snorkel off and get a little more air, you should have to go up one main jet size