PDA

View Full Version : New Jeep

ShiftRacr400
11-08-2005, 06:03 PM
Hey guys, I just sold my old car, BMW 325XI, and now I'm looking for something to haul the quad around with. I found this Jeep, let me know what you guys think. My Uncle test drove it and noticed the following:

stiff ride
sucking noise when you accelerate
and tires make noise when you turn

I dont really mind the stiff ride, but im guessing the sucking noise is the aftermarket intake? and the tires making noise im guessing is from them being so big? check it out and let me know what you think. here is the eBay add:

YOU ARE BIDDING ON ONE BAD 2000 JEEP CHEROKEE CLASSIC WITH A CUSTOM 7.5" RUBICON LIFT KIT. THIS JEEP HAS BEEN PROFESSIONALLY BUILT AT TREMELLEN'S TIRE & AUTO AND HAS THE BEST OF EVERYTHING! THIS TRUCK HAS NEVER BEEN OFF ROADED AND BY NO WAY EVER BEAT. I AM VERY PARTICULAR WITH MY JEEP AND ONLY SELLING DUE TO BUYING A NEW TOY. (CUSTOM HARLEY) CUSTOM ADD ONS: RUBICON EXPRESS SUPER FLEX LIFT KIT WITH CONTROL ARM RELOCATORS, REPLACEMENT REAR LEAF SPRINGS WITH EXTENDED SHACKLES, ACOS ADJUSTABLE COILER OVER FRONT SUSPENSION. JKS SWAY BAR DISCONNECTS UP FRONT, RUBICON EXPRESS HD TRAK BAR AND MOUNT, SKYJACKER NITRO LONG SHOCKS, ALL BOLTS ARE GRADE 8 OR GRADE 10 AIRCRAFT BOLTS. REAR AXLE HAS POWERTRAX LOCKER IN IT WITH FACTORY 3.55 GEARS (FOR FUEL ECONOMY), ALL U-JOINTS REPLACED WITH SPICER HD SEALED U-JOINTS (FRONT AXLE AND DRIVE SHAFTS. CUSTOM MADE DOUBLE KNUCKLE CV STYLE REAR DRIVE SHAFT WITH SLIP YOKE ELIMINATOR (RUBICON EXPRESS SYE) FRONT DRIVE SHAFT EXTENDED. ALL BRAKES WERE REPLACED AT 60K, STAINLESS STEEL BRAKE LINES FRONT AND BACK. ALL FLUIDS SERVICED BEFORE DUE WITH ONLY SYNTHETIC FLUIDS (OIL, TRANS FLUID, REAR AXLE FLUIDS)(OIL CHANGES EVERY 5,000 MILES W/MOBIL ONE WIX FILTERS, ALL 30K SERVICES DONE EVERY 20K MILES) ENGINE HAS BEEN TREATED TO CUSTOM PAINT MATCHED AIR INTAKE WITH K&N FILTER, POWERAID THROTTLE BODY SPACER, JET STAGE 2 PERFORMANCE CHIP W/180 DEGREE THERMOSTAT, COMPLETE CUSTOM HIGH FLOW EXHAUST SYSTEM WITH STAINLESS MAGNAFLOW CAT AND STAINLESS MAGNAFLOW MUFFLER WITH STAINLESS STEEL TAILPIPE. TRUCK GETS 13 TO 15 MPG AROUND TOWN AND UP TO 18 ON THE HIGHWAY. WHEELS ARE CENTERLINE HELLCAT 15X10 WITH PRO-COMP 35X12.50 TIRES WITH AROUND 15/32" OF TREAD LEFT (LIKE NEW AND NOT CHOPPED) EXTERIOR: BUSHWACKER CUT OUT POCKET FLARES (CUSTOM PAINTED) CUSTOM PAINT WITH MANY ITEMS PAINTED TO MATCH (MIRRORS, ROOF RAILS, SIDE BUMP STRIPS, BUMPERS, SIDE RAILS) FOUR REAL SERIES FRONT BUMPER PAINTED WITH OPTIONAL ALUMINUM SKID PLATE, SIDE ROCK RAILS PAINTED WITH OPT. ALUMINUM INSERTS. CLEAR LENSES FOR FRONT TURN SIGNALS AND SIDE MARKERS, HELLA DRIVING LIGHTS IN FRONT BUMPER. INTERIOR: CLEAN..CLEAN...CLEAN!!! NEVER SMOKED IN AND LOOK NEW. EVERYTHING INSIDE IS STOCK OTHER THAN TINTED WINDOWS. HAS JEEP'S PREMIUM INFINITY STEREO SYSTEM WITH 6 SPEAKERS. TOP OF THE LINE VIPER ALARM W/2 WAY REMOTE AND REMOTE START. I KNOW I AM MISSING SOME THINGS, BUT IT SEEMS TOO MUCH TO LIST. THIS TRUCK IS BUILT RIGHT AND NEVER BEAT! IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY BABY. EVERYTHING WAS BUILT AND DONE AT TREMELLEN'S TIRE AND AUTO (TREMELLENS_COM) I WOULD HAVE NO FEAR OF DRIVING THIS TRUCK ANYWHERE. AS IT SITS IT HAS MADE A FEW 1200 MILE TRIPS AND HAS NEVER GIVEN ME ANY TROUBLE. I AM THE ONLY OWNER AND VIRTUALLY THE ONLY DRIVER. THIS IS TRULY ONE OF THE NICEST JEEP CHEROKEES OUT THERE AND TURN HEADS EVERYWHERE IT GOES!

http://i21.ebayimg.com/03/i/05/35/3d/26_12.JPG
http://i19.ebayimg.com/03/i/05/35/f0/e6_12.JPG
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4583952506&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Guy400
11-08-2005, 06:05 PM
Yes, those tires will hum and aftermarket intakes will make a "whoosh" sound when under hard acceleration. My LT1 Z28 made a noticeable sound after I put the SLP CAI on it. You couldn't really tell the difference until about 3500 RPM all the way to redline.

gojk
11-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Sweet Jeep, but I hope it comes with a trailor too if you are planning on hauling the quad around with it.

The sucking sound seems like the intake and those tires will make all kinds of noise on pavement. If you think they are loud now, wait until they wear a little bit more. Overall I think it is a cool Jeep.

Warrioreater400ex
11-08-2005, 07:07 PM
cool, clean jeep, but wher are you planning on hauling the quad to? if you plan on much interstate travel with it you might want to consider your options, the 4.0 inline six is very reliable and has tons of torque, but stock they arent good at pulling much over 60, much less with the 3.55 gears and the 35's, i would imagine you would have to floor it to go 60-65 pulling a trailer... however if your just talkin bout 45-50 mph hauling the quad, youll love the cherokee.

tacomas or anything with V engine will do better for top end towing if you want to go full size, my tacoma pulls my 20 ft v8 boat at 75 or 80, granted its not easy but it will do it, as far as a quad or two... no problem.. but i have tons of low end also, due to its lower (numerically higher) gear ratio.. no problem, and thats the old 3.4 im talkin, not the new 4.0

Honda 250X 91
11-09-2005, 04:46 AM
Yea the sucking noise would be the aftermarket intake. The weird noise might be from lockers.. if it has em? idk dind't read all about it not enough time today... but the noise may be lockers! I only know this becuase my truck does the same thing!

KWAD GAWD
11-09-2005, 08:46 AM
I wouldn't want that Jeep as my daily driver, it is built for off road and probably has had a rough life. It looks cool, but lifted XJs have a horrible condition called "death wobble" - if you hit a short, choppy bump at the right angle your front end will start bouncing side to side, from bump stop to bump stop until you stop or pull off the road. Plus, the lockers on the road? Why? Save your money and get a nice truck to haul your quad in, something that will drive nice.

kssandduner
11-09-2005, 10:33 AM
With 3.55 gears and 35" tires, it's going to be a dog on the highway when not pulling anything. Slap a set of 4.88's in it. It'll be alot more fun to drive, and the gas mileagae will probably get a tad better.

04EX
11-09-2005, 11:20 AM
ya get a truck for the same price and then you wont have to buy a trailor.