PDA

View Full Version : Need help w/ riding boots PLEAsE

watts16
11-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Hey everyone. I didnt know where else to post this so... Im looking at the alpinestar tech 6 and 8. i know the 8 is better but is it worth the 70 bucks more to buy the 8s. These will probalbe be the last pair I will buy for a while because my feet are done growing.

Thanks

Greg

Robin Hood
11-08-2005, 05:06 PM
I really don't see a major difference in the 6's to 8's. I wear Oxtars now and haven't been happier. :D

gojk
11-08-2005, 05:46 PM
I haven't used either. But I know people that have both. Most people like the 6 over the 8 simply because they hate the bootie that is part of the 8. That is just what I have been hearing though. Like I said, I don't have experience with either so take it as you will.

Rich250RRacer
11-08-2005, 05:57 PM
I stopped at Competition Accessories in Springfield, Oh on the way to the Ironman race a few weeks ago, and they had Tech 6 for $200 and Tech 8 for $256. They had a good selection of colors and sizes. If you want to contact them, to get this price you have to call the retail store not the mail order company. They are two totally separate companies. The retail store will still ship to you. Call 1-800-543-8190 or try www.RideMotorcyclesInc.com, I picked up a pair of white Tech 8's. That weekend at the race, the vendor there, which is Cycle Gear, I believe, had Tech 8's for $200 even. At that price I had to get a second pair, black from them. The bad thing is they only sell at races, no retail store or mail order. :mad:

NacsMXer
11-08-2005, 06:27 PM
Get the Tech 8's, you won't regret it ;) I used to run Alpinestars Vectors and they were good and comfy, but didn't have as much ankle support as the Tech 8's I now run. They're a little stiff at first, but in time you will definitely love them. I hope they never change the style of the Tech 8's, the new rounded off look of the Tech 10's, 6's, and Vectors just aren't as cool IMO as the classic Tech 8 :macho

AtvMxRider
11-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Most people buy the 6's because they are lighter

K-Dub
11-08-2005, 07:13 PM
I have a friend with 8s and have have 6s. We both like the buckles on the 6s better. We ride in mud a lot and the buckles on the 8s need to be cleaned way more often to latch. Now I dislike that the bottom buckle on both buckle on top of the foot, I keep unbuckling the bottom buckle on the shifter and mis shifting because of it.

11-08-2005, 08:22 PM
I have gone through every highend boot on the market. Right now I wear Gaerne SG-10's and the Tech 10's. The Tech 10's are the most comftorable boots I have ever owned. They feel like wearing tennis shoes. The SG_10s are the most comfy that offer a good deal of protection. The SiDi Force Flex SRS boots are like tanks, very protective but aren't as comftorable. Tech 8's are nice, They don't fit my foot right though. The Oxtar TCX pro's are great boots, and offer good protection. The fox forma pro's are nice boots, but are just "good" overall, nothing too special. The tech 6's are good boots too, and offer some good protection. The 661 Flight boots are very comfy, but really lack ankle protection. Hopefully some of that helps.

watts16
11-08-2005, 08:37 PM
thanks everyone im going to call that one place in ohio tommorrow and get some tech 8s

11-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by exracer16
thanks everyone im going to call that one place in ohio tommorrow and get some tech 8s Make sure you can try them on somewhere 1st.

watts16
11-08-2005, 08:54 PM
ya went to my dealer tonight but they want 350 for tech 8s

aci clay
11-09-2005, 07:40 AM
whatever you buy try some on first. Any of the high end boots are great, just get something that fits your foot right and stay away from the cheaper boots. Someday you will appreciate the added protection of a high quality boot and it will outlast the cheap ones to boot, (pun).