PDA

View Full Version : over marketed

gixxer1k
11-08-2005, 01:31 PM
haha elka got its name by giving un-believable amounts of stuff away for free...they really arnt as high of quality as people think, they just make an okay product and help the customer fix the problems all the time, thats why they are so good at tech sup. i do like how condition specific they are however and hope we can eventually make dune specific and other such suspension available to you all as well, but our suspension should be just as good pretty much everywhere you go.

rob-u/21
11-08-2005, 01:53 PM
Well I feel they are a top of the line suspension product. I cant think of any other company in our sport that puts as much R&D in their products. What suspension are you talking about.

250xridamatt
11-08-2005, 02:14 PM
He just hit the wrong button, read the What do you think about ohlins thread.

400exrider707
11-08-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by gixxer1k
haha elka got its name by giving un-believable amounts of stuff away for free...they really arnt as high of quality as people think, they just make an okay product and help the customer fix the problems all the time, thats why they are so good at tech sup.

Well if ohlins was smart enough to do the same, then maybe some day they could be as big as elka, but I dont see that happening ANYTIME in the future if they cant even give their PRO sponsored riders free shocks! They obviously just dont want to succeed in the ATV market as much as elka does, and thats that.

tater_kamik
11-09-2005, 09:13 AM
well, to come into the market and sell a lot of product quickly, they would have to take a different approach. but for street bikes, basically THE aftermarket suspension (or the best factory suspension on the higher end bikes) is ohlins, whether they advertise and support a lot of riders or not. they make the best product, everyone knows it and rides ohlins because they are the best, not because of marketing

400exrider707
11-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
well, to come into the market and sell a lot of product quickly, they would have to take a different approach. but for street bikes, basically THE aftermarket suspension (or the best factory suspension on the higher end bikes) is ohlins, whether they advertise and support a lot of riders or not. they make the best product, everyone knows it and rides ohlins because they are the best, not because of marketing

I know that, I've ridden them on several snowmobiles as well and they were pretty good. But the only reason they were on that sled is thats the way the sled was purchased, I wouldn't go out and spend the extra money on Ohlins right now just because I really dont know anything about them. I know its a cheap marketing scheme to have pro riders using your stuff to sell your product, but it works. How many pro MX riders use Ohlins? Well if any do I dont know about them. They need to be on a big name persons quad.

fandl450r
11-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Dunk had some on his bike.

KsE450
11-09-2005, 11:49 AM
know that, I've ridden them on several snowmobiles as well and they were pretty good. But the only reason they were on that sled is thats the way the sled was purchased, I wouldn't go out and spend the extra money on Ohlins right now just because I really dont know anything about them. I know its a cheap marketing scheme to have pro riders using your stuff to sell your product, but it works. How many pro MX riders use Ohlins? Well if any do I dont know about them. They need to be on a big name persons quad.

Jason Dunkelberger from Lost Creek Cycles is using them. He's #19 in the pro MX class, 10th in points this year I believe. And I think a bunch of the other LCC boys are using them as well...

csimp3
11-09-2005, 01:22 PM
i just got rid of my sportbike (for a quad), and im new to this sport, but one thing i know for the street ohlins are the *****, but i cant say anything about their dirt stuff, or elkas for that matter, because my 400ex has stock suspension, however, elkas seem pretty popular, and i dont think if you give away junk, people will like junk, so elkas have to be pretty damn good to have the following that they do, just my opinion

TC440EX
11-15-2005, 11:46 AM
Bottom line is: Its all marketing! Same as Flowmaster did with thier mufflers. They are one of the worst flowing units out there but because of marketing people buy them. If you product is truly a top notch product , you don't have to give it away to make a name for yourself. Also, the public pays for all the free products given away through their high retail prices. Just my 2 cents worth.

11-15-2005, 03:19 PM
haha elka got its name by giving un-believable amounts of stuff away for free...they really arnt as high of quality as people think, they just make an okay product and help the customer fix the problems all the time, thats why they are so good at tech sup. i do like how condition specific they are however and hope we can eventually make dune specific and other such suspension available to you all as well, but our suspension should be just as good pretty much everywhere you go.

uh...your representing ohlins and you just said that...wow...im about to call up Elka and say that ohlins is talking smack...not a very good way to represent a company

their products are amazing, and customer service is top knotch, the reason they got their reputation is because they hired on top riders to do a lot of R&D work for them and now produce the best suspension on the market

:huh

gixxer1k
11-15-2005, 05:38 PM
edjucate yourself about suspension before you try to understand what i am saying about "their" product... they are in a different class than ohlins, ohlins uses nothing but the best materials and is the origonator of things like the piggyback rez, ect ect. elka makes a great product with out a question however people dont understand the breakdown of components that go into making high quality, race suspension. you telling somone that i am saying bad things about elka is missinformed and incorect. ask anyone about the marketing techniques of elka and you will see that they have, and sucessfully, created a nitche for themselves in a competitve market(suspension).

11-15-2005, 08:30 PM
i guess ohlins originated everything? I dont think so...ohlins doesnt put in the R&D as elka does, they spend countless hours working on ATV suspension, using a rod system with computers on the shocks to see how they react, ohlins at this point cannot compete with elka, nor axis for that matter

elka and axis are on a higher level then ohlins, for example, you wont even give your shocks away for free, but yet you have been around for just as long, and elka is brand new and is still willing to back their riders, i saw over 5 elka workers at the ironman GNCC and spoke to all of them, they have never been bad to me, and always treat me well, they knew who i was and appreciated that i said hi to them

now as for ohlins, where is the support? im sorry to say but showing up to a few races and putting sponsorship money into GNCC isnt going to help you, you have to prove your product to the consumer, i have seen no proof as of yet that your shock is better then that of elka or axis, better materials means nothing, that doesnt make your shock better then neone elses, its all about how it reacts when put in racing conditions

if you do not put your shock in racing conditions with good riders you will not be able to get an accurate test of what to do to your suspension, much less get the advertising you need of having a big name behind your product

i can spend countless hours talking to you about why ohlins isnt successful in the ATV market, and tell you exactly why, its just a matter of if you would listen

i would love to use ohlins and see how they r, but sorry to say, there is no way im going to buy them for full retail, much less pay anything for them when i have elka helping me out a lot, and they have never done me wrong, and always helped me out

Elka is a great company and stands behind its products aswell as riders, and i just dont c that happening with ohlins, id love to ride with them, see how they are, but until they gain the support of elka or axis, im not making the switch

Ohlins needs to prove their product to us, prove its better, prove it lives up to its name, then, market that product, show us why its better, then after you do this, sell it to us, give us discounts, sponsor riders, help the racers out, meet new people at the GNCC races and other series races, then you will understand about how to get into the ATV market

im not trying to be mean or rude to anyone, im just trying to express my opinion, so im sorry if i have affended you in any way

wheeltrax
11-15-2005, 10:41 PM
ohlins invented the internet

400exrider707
11-16-2005, 08:07 AM
and is the origonator of things like the piggyback rez, ect ect. .

So what exactly is etc etc??? What else did they originate? Just curious.

Bigwagon
11-16-2005, 01:07 PM
Ohlins may have a better product than Elka, but who would know. There is virtually no marketing, no word of mouth, or no reputation other than streetbikes. Somebodies got to put the word out there that ohlins shocks are quality product.

11-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by wheeltrax
ohlins invented the internet

lol :eek2:

gixxer1k
11-16-2005, 03:40 PM
obviously you guys know more than i... perhaps you should open up a piggy back and see for your self, while elka uses a bladder ohlins uses a deviding piston... if you truly think that the quality and performance of a product is measured by the friendly staff that says hello, im sorry. ohlins staff is very friendly and very professional however they are bussy with, as you say computers and rods otherwise known as a shock dyno, so just wait and in due time there will be ohlins tecs at races. if you question the r&d look at the over 80% engineer staffing at ohlins. im not questioning the quality or level of the ohlins product, i know where it is at, i was just wondering what people would like to see, you have stated what that is and that is great, no need to elaborate how you feel broken hearted noone was there to say hello. ohlins is putting money into a market that they will soon offer more race applicable items so there you go. im not ohlins, im working with them to see what is hot and what is not for them to make... so sorry but noone here to be mad at but some road racer :devil: and you know how much we care what people think!

11-16-2005, 04:02 PM
obviously you guys know more than i... perhaps you should open up a piggy back and see for your self, while elka uses a bladder ohlins uses a deviding piston... if you truly think that the quality and performance of a product is measured by the friendly staff that says hello, im sorry. ohlins staff is very friendly and very professional however they are bussy with, as you say computers and rods otherwise known as a shock dyno, so just wait and in due time there will be ohlins tecs at races. if you question the r&d look at the over 80% engineer staffing at ohlins. im not questioning the quality or level of the ohlins product, i know where it is at, i was just wondering what people would like to see, you have stated what that is and that is great, no need to elaborate how you feel broken hearted noone was there to say hello. ohlins is putting money into a market that they will soon offer more race applicable items so there you go. im not ohlins, im working with them to see what is hot and what is not for them to make... so sorry but noone here to be mad at but some road racer :devil: and you know how much we care what people think!

Elka uses a dividing piston aswell, I have seen ohlins tech people at the races, they are a good bunch, aswell as Elka is

I am not broken hearted at not being said hello to, that has nothing to do with anything, what i was stating was that you guys have no reason to say such things about Elka, when you are obviously uninformed about the quality product they make

Elka is the top of the line in the shock department right now, with the new track system, the long travel linkages, the high-lo speed adjustment, and shocks built to specifically to perform the best on certain terrains

Elka is also backing their shocks with years of R&D work and tons of time spent out on the track with pro's, thats why they make as good of a product as they do, they are willing to put in the test time, and work hard to satisfy the rider, and they have satisfyed me, and many others

and just to let you know, i'm not sure how good of an idea it is to say you are representing ohlins when you are not, people get the wrong impression, all you are doing is helping them get ideas, why you would flame on other companies of shocks, i have no idea

just my 2 cents

11-16-2005, 04:04 PM
Elka Suspension :macho

JR3
11-17-2005, 07:01 PM
Pass race last weekend at enlgishtown new jersey people from all over came like massacutes pensylvania etc etc so many classes and quads. The only bikes i saw with ohilins were the lost creek cycle bikes and even some of them had pep on them. I run axis and will never run anything on any of my bikes beisdes axis or pep. If you guys are so top of the line better then this better then that how come nobody runs your stuff im sure if your stuff was so great no matter what the price people would run it.

BLACKeR
11-17-2005, 09:12 PM
if the best ohlins can do is send this buffoon, out to bad mouth the other manufactures, i think there in rough shape. its fine and dandy that your from Sweden and like gold shocks. however no one will know that there good till they see evidence there good. saying elka is bad does nothing more than make me want elkas. and its spelled educate not ejucate. how the heck does this forum let this guy get two pages of rambling?

Rico
11-18-2005, 08:14 AM
Elka is made up of professionals that make Great shocks and don't go public and badmouth companies like this idiot...:o

UglyMotha™
11-18-2005, 08:34 AM
I guess thats one way to market your shocks............... bad mouth the other companies, 3 stars for this bright bulb

Smoker
11-18-2005, 11:23 AM
Like anything, it's preference. I'm sure the Ohlins are pretty darn good, I read an article about the front quad shocks with the smaller top piston to reduce bottoming, pretty neat. They do not have nearly the prescence Elka does though, and I have to agree to a point, before Elka blew up with a professional image and a sharp looking, somewhat more affordable product, nobody would consider running anything but Axis or PEP, so smart marketing has been a part of there success, but it is a racing market they boomed into and if their shocks weren't worth there salt, they wouldn't have lasted or grown like they have. As far as better quality parts, the only difference I've noticed between most of the companies are performance coating to fight stiction. All the companies have different ways of building a better mousetrap, it's just a matter of what you like and how much you want to spend, besides, most people spend all the money on shocks and don't ever set them up properly.

Pappy
11-18-2005, 11:45 AM
ill consider supporting ohlins when they start supporting quads the way elka does. until then, Big E gets my support:macho

racerxxgncc
11-22-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
ill consider supporting ohlins when they start supporting quads the way elka does. until then, Big E gets my support:macho
Exactly right, why would I or anyone else buy something that I have never really seen win! Also quad racers are too a certain degree brand loyal but before we are brand loyal you to prove that you are willing to be at the races, help the racers, and make a WINNING product. Tech support is just as important, if I called elka today with a problem they would bend over backwards too help me and all you are doing is running your mouth about them. What kind of reaction did you think you would get. If you put half as much effort in taking a serious look into the quad market you would already understand this but your so out of touch with your consumers that you have NO IDEA WHAT THEY WANT and thats what counts, not what you want to say about elka. If you dont get if buy now you probally won't get it at all. Just remember saying I make the best don't prove **** winning does and until you can win something in this decade STFU!!!!

Honda
11-22-2005, 10:40 PM
Ohlins is a Big Time name in Auto Racing, I remember most of the Pro Riders used them back in the day, names like Bob Sloan and Gary Denton.

I think they have a great product, but they have failed to change in an ever changing market. They have also failed to market themselves. I don't even know where to buy Ohlins Suspension, and that is pretty sad coming from a guy who has been involved in motorsports for quite some time.

I think Ohlins could take a Huge share of the market, but they are going to have to do a lot of catch-up work. It would be worth it, in my opinion.

Get them on the Pro's Bikes, add some marketing strategy and factory support at the races. Give them away if you have to, if you don't someone else will!

Just make sure you get them to work like the riders want, or they won't keep using them, even if they are free.

;)

beerock
11-22-2005, 11:24 PM
Honestly I will say this, In a professional world, the atv industry is expanding leaps and bounds, but it is still nothing compared to the size of road racing, you know GP race bikes, formula series race bikes. the market is so huge for streetbikes if ohlins doesnt want to get into atv racing they dont have to they make plenty of profit elsewhere.

To be honest PENSKE RACING (AXIS to atv'rs) is the best suspension company out, they cater to big time racers, in nascar, busch , indy, atv's, street bikes and other race fields. they are on more championship winning motorized vehicles then any other suspension company. more championships then any other shock.

R&D is priceless, r&d in other fields help all fields and make shock refinements. A company has the choice to be in the atv field full fledged or not. You can whine all you want if they dotn want to they wont, not to say they wont.

BLACKeR
11-23-2005, 06:17 AM
Pro Riders used them back in the day, names like Bob Sloan

maybe sload did, dont know. i do know my bro has one of his old bikes, and it has PEP's on it engraved on the top of the shock is "sloan limt mass" or somethign lke that. i think once other companies started coming out with ATV oriented suspention ohlins died out. i dont feel like they put the R&D into the atv suspentions. there a good company just not for ATV's

bwamos
11-23-2005, 09:02 AM
Here's my opinion on the matter.

Even if Ohlins were 5% better than the Elka or Axis shocks, I'd take the Shock that performed unnoticably less for the customer support, rider support, and sport focus that is 1000 times better.

Saying you've got the best product out there without investing in the sport only means that your arrogant. Arrogance doesn't sell.

Besides when was marketing your product a bad thing, lol.

FHKracingZ
11-23-2005, 10:27 PM
Elkas are top of the line product. Only badthing is , is also a good thing. they mass-produce shocks so your shocks arnt always built for you exactly , but u get them quick. Ill stay with PEP , by far the most plush shock on the market and axis is RIGHt there and so is well setup elkas. The high-low speed stuff is just a selling point, anybody on here that says its alot better then normal comp is a moron, if you are smart enough to setup the high-low speed then you should work for elka. 99% of the people that own the elka elites dont know how to properly setup there shocks for how they are acting.

Ohlins are a good product but they dont show any intrest in the quad market at all so they get the big middle finger from me.
:D

11-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ

Ohlins are a good product but they dont show any intrest in the quad market at all so they get the big middle finger from me.
:D

haha :p

TORO1968
11-24-2005, 06:19 AM

Your unsubstantiated claims are ridiculous... Way to "represent" a company - IF that is indeed what you are truely trying to do...

As you can tell, your input is "greatly" appreciated. If this is all you have to offer this site, maybe you should think twice before you post anything next time. :rolleyes:

Oh, and while I think Ohlins makes quality products, Elka gets 100% of my vote in regards to the quad market! :macho :blah:

wvspeedfreak
11-24-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
Here's my opinion on the matter.

Even if Ohlins were 5% better than the Elka or Axis shocks, I'd take the Shock that performed unnoticably less for the customer support, rider support, and sport focus that is 1000 times better.

What he said :cool:

racerxxgncc
11-24-2005, 11:17 PM
gixxer1k, don't go away I would love to hear more of your knowledge about suspension and marketing in general. Bye the way, elka or any of the other shock companies are not on this site proclaiming how good there stuff is but the people that buy them are. I am not saying ohlins makes a bad shock but I don't see anyone saying that they make a great shock either, well except for one person. And I don't know anyone who currently has, or EVER has owned a set of ohlins. Just for the record I am not saying they make a bad shock, because I have never ridden a machine with them on it, so I can't compare them to anything.

gixxer1k
11-26-2005, 11:15 AM
im not leaving im just board, tuff guys on the net bother me. i have not bad mouthed elka once which i find to be funny, i have just put them on a different tier. however i had gotten my information i needed weeks ago so i find no need to continue this conversation... again to those who actually had an edjucated coment for me, i thank you. next time guys be tuff and blow steem with someone who cares, i know that the likes of dunc rode ohlins and contributed much of his sucess to the ohlins product! however while you guys blindly lead one another down a path of over emotional internet junkies you lose sight of the whole purpose of this thred... to get info on what PHYSICAL changes and what kind of positive advertisment could help YOU guys as the consumers to have another top notch product available. and for those of you baffled by the lack of quad rate need to understand that that offering is just a cheep way to cover up the lack of internal dampening activity. have a good holliday season ladies and gentelman, this will be my last post, however feel free to rant and rave as much as you want about what a suspension nazi i am it gives me personal amusment and self satisfaction to see the levels of edjucation that each person has about their suspension... however i do agree with one thing that is consistant, we shoud put a few top spot riders on ohlins in a rent program where they will either sell the supension or return it at the end of the year. oohhh yeah and happy new year! :bandit:

400exrider0004
11-26-2005, 11:50 AM
I think elka is top of the line and you cant get any better than what they give you. They have great customer service and the products they sell are top notch!

11-26-2005, 01:21 PM
im not leaving im just board, tuff guys on the net bother me. i have not bad mouthed elka once which i find to be funny, i have just put them on a different tier. however i had gotten my information i needed weeks ago so i find no need to continue this conversation... again to those who actually had an edjucated coment for me, i thank you. next time guys be tuff and blow steem with someone who cares, i know that the likes of dunc rode ohlins and contributed much of his sucess to the ohlins product! however while you guys blindly lead one another down a path of over emotional internet junkies you lose sight of the whole purpose of this thred... to get info on what PHYSICAL changes and what kind of positive advertisment could help YOU guys as the consumers to have another top notch product available. and for those of you baffled by the lack of quad rate need to understand that that offering is just a cheep way to cover up the lack of internal dampening activity. have a good holliday season ladies and gentelman, this will be my last post, however feel free to rant and rave as much as you want about what a suspension nazi i am it gives me personal amusment and self satisfaction to see the levels of edjucation that each person has about their suspension... however i do agree with one thing that is consistant, we shoud put a few top spot riders on ohlins in a rent program where they will either sell the supension or return it at the end of the year. oohhh yeah and happy new year! :bandit:

yes, quad rate is not benifitial if you use the right internal components and go for progressive valving, that is true, but it can also be benifitial to work with the valving, it really just depends, i would never buy quad rate, but thats just me, i prefer the 2 spring front setup with progressive valving, or the 3 spring elka offers to start with

i hope you learned what ohlins needs to do, and i also hope you now have enough knowledge not to call a top knotch suspension company second rate and accuse them of using 2nd rate parts on their suspension, when in fact they are using the same parts as you

im sorry it had to turn out this way for you, but i hope that down the road you can turn ohlins onto the right path and put 4 suspension companies on top, instead of just the 3 there is now, Elka PEP and Axis, and possibly make a suspension break through that takes ATV suspension to the next level

Chino886
11-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton

im sorry it had to turn out this way for you, but i hope that down the road you can turn ohlins onto the right path and put 4 suspension companies on top, instead of just the 3 there is now, Elka PEP and Axis, and possibly make a suspension break through that takes ATV suspension to the next level [/B]

well said Yurik

BLACKeR
11-26-2005, 06:29 PM
dont get too excited about ohlins taking all the info and turning it into great ATV suspentions. i have a feeling this guy doesnt work for ohlins at all. if he did the company is in more trouble than it knows what to do with. no company in there right mind would send a guy out on the internet who cant spell and bad mouths potential buyers when he doesnt get his way. if he truly had all the info he needed two weeks ago. why did he start a second thread, just to know on Elka? the goof probly works for elkas or its the ex-wife of the ohlins owner trying to turn off customers lol.

gixxer1k
11-26-2005, 06:49 PM
okay one more post i cant resist lol, first off im not even american, how good is your german french or spanish... dont think my poor spelling is a good mesurment of how much i understand suspension. as for the seccond thred, it was an accident i ment to post reply, for that i am sory, i understand multipul threds can be anoying. and thank you yurik, you clearly have an understanding of the physics and geometry behind suspension, please help those around you to understand setup and reasons for things involved with the working components of shocks. in the long run an edjucated consumer is a sucessfull rider! caio, tschus, au revoir, adios, good bye!

jdwxv3
11-26-2005, 11:12 PM
hmmmmmm........interesting marketing tactics. I really hope you do not work for Ohlins. If so before to long they will need a PR guy explaining why you say some of the things you say.

Shoot you probaly work for Elka. Just using reverse
psycohlogy(sp):eek2: :D

BLACKeR
11-27-2005, 07:35 AM
how good is your german french or spanish...

mine sucks....that could be why im not in europe representing PEP shocks :D . you have to understand that theres a lot of brand loyalty in the ATV world. the people that got into this sport when it first started out, had to make due with whatever they could find. there were some real jerks and there were some really good companies. when we find a good company we stick with them. i have a "black book" of products i will never buy from because some where along the road i think the guys who ran the companies tried to screw ATV guys, or tried to screw me. if ohlins truely wants to make the effort. get your product out there, and get involved with the average rider. elka got a good name because every customer felt like a sponcered rider. i have never seen an ohlins race trailer, i dont think ive even seen an ohlins add. ohlins are a huge unknown for USA atv's. if your product is a good as you say it is, send a set of them to the guys who run a couple of these ATV boards. ask them to try them out. and write up a review. i would buy a set if i knew they were good. i dont care about quad rate springs or gold springs. im going to put coveres on them anway. i just dont want to be the test dummy with my own money. no one here knows a thing about ohlins. i dont think there a bad shock. but im not going to take the risk of finding out with my own money...hope this explains where im coming from. im sorry if i came across as being too rude.

K_Fulk
11-27-2005, 08:24 AM
Just to stir the chit pot, :devil:

How much contingincy does Elka pay?

Copy and pasted from gncc site.
Ohlins
Ohlins has introduced an unprecidented contingency program for GNCC 2005, with big payouts for ATVs and Bikes. The program even includes cash prizes for several classes. All you have to do is run top-quality Ohlins suspension components, race hard and collect your loot!

ATV

$47,000 Contingency Program for 2005 GNCC ATV Series
(click above for details, payout is below)

Ohlins will pay the following cash contingency for the Pro, Pro Am, and A and B classes in each regular GNCC season race:

Pro
1st: $300
2nd: $200
3rd: $100

Pro Am
1st: $200
2nd: $100
3rd: $75

Open A / 4-stroke A
1st: $150
2nd: $75
3rd: $50

Open B / 4-stroke B
1st: $100

Ohlins USA and Coppersmith Powersports will pay the following contingency as "Ohlins Dollars" to be used toward the purchase of Ohlins shock absorbers, parts, accessories or service:

4-stroke C (all age groups) / Sport / Junior (25+) / Vet (30+) / Senior / Super Senior / Women / 2-stroke
1st: $75
2nd: $50
3rd: $25

jdwxv3
11-27-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
Just to stir the chit pot, :devil:

How much contingincy does Elka pay?

Copy and pasted from gncc site.
Ohlins
Ohlins has introduced an unprecidented contingency program for GNCC 2005, with big payouts for ATVs and Bikes. The program even includes cash prizes for several classes. All you have to do is run top-quality Ohlins suspension components, race hard and collect your loot!

ATV

$47,000 Contingency Program for 2005 GNCC ATV Series
(click above for details, payout is below)

Ohlins will pay the following cash contingency for the Pro, Pro Am, and A and B classes in each regular GNCC season race:

Pro
1st: $300
2nd: $200
3rd: $100

Pro Am
1st: $200
2nd: $100
3rd: $75

Open A / 4-stroke A
1st: $150

Open B / 4-stroke B
1st: $100

Ohlins USA and Coppersmith Powersports will pay the following contingency as "Ohlins Dollars" to be used toward the purchase of Ohlins shock absorbers, parts, accessories or service:

4-stroke C (all age groups) / Sport / Junior (25+) / Vet (30+) / Senior / Super Senior / Women / 2-stroke
1st: $75
2nd: $50
3rd: $25

Hmmmm......so people could possibly get paid to run Ohlins and still dont. Is it because people know nothing about them, or they are ugly, they dont work good, or what? :huh

jacobw
11-27-2005, 08:59 AM
Ohlins does make very high quality shock absorbers they made them for the cannondale atvs when cannondale was in business and top pros that raced the cannondales ran them with ohlins shock they are very high quality a must say they are a better built unit that the elkas I have on my cannondale. Elka is a gadget company also the new tracks system and high and low speed comp you dont need all that you dont see many pros running high and low speed comp shocks. Simple reb and comp are all you need. I have spoken with precision concepts about ohlins and he dies traci cecco suspension and he told me ohlins is a higher quality suspension and told me the seal design is much better than elkas he has many elkas that blow seals and he said the ohlins seals last longer. Ohlins main market is desert setups and road race bike suspension alot of atv guys that run desert races are running ohlins they just have their nich in the market and that is where they concentrate and elka has the atv line and that is where they concentrate. Ohlins also makes forks for dirtbikes they are more a bike company and where elka is a atv company so they stay on thier sides of the fence

jdwxv3
11-27-2005, 10:37 AM
Maybe they are good but it is not professional at all to get on the net and bash a defensless elka. This is all just a pissing match, no one will win, a person with Elka's will say Elka is better a person with Ohlins with say Ohlins are better. Blah blah blah. I just cant see how this guy is speaking for Ohlins. I'd venture to say he is not......if so he needs fired.

wilkin250r
11-28-2005, 10:08 AM
caio, tschus, au revoir, adios, good bye!

You're leaving? That's a shame. I never saw a response to my comment in the other thread, I was hoping to have an educated debate with you.

Because I am an engineer, I DO have an educated background, and I STILL say Elka is better than Ohlins. And I was looking foward to FACTUAL information to try to prove me wrong.

And believe me, many people on this site will confirm, I ain't no "internet tuff guy". I generally know a thing or two about what I post. ;)

400exrider707
11-28-2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
You're leaving? That's a shame. I never saw a response to my comment in the other thread, I was hoping to have an educated debate with you.

Because I am an engineer, I DO have an educated background, and I STILL say Elka is better than Ohlins. And I was looking foward to FACTUAL information to try to prove me wrong.

And believe me, many people on this site will confirm, I ain't no "internet tuff guy". I generally know a thing or two about what I post. ;)

I too was looking forward to some factual information. I may not have the knowledge that you have, but I am studying to be a mechanical engineer, and the technical side of things is what interests me. Instead the guy thinks we're bashing him, (which some might be) but he really did nothing to prove how they are better than anything else out there. I hope he does work for Ohlins and will give them some of our more constructive criticism.

11-28-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

ya i can back you up, you def know a thing or two, or three, or four...haha :macho

rebelbanshee
11-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Hi evrywon I am dooing reserch for yamaha. iF anyone has any qestins about why honda and suzuki suck so muchh mor than yamaha feel free to ask me. i am verry smart and can answer all questions...except ones about yamaha, only aboot honda and suzki sucking.:devil:

11-28-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by rebelbanshee
Hi evrywon I am dooing reserch for yamaha. iF anyone has any qestins about why honda and suzuki suck so muchh mor than yamaha feel free to ask me. i am verry smart and can answer all questions...except ones about yamaha, only aboot honda and suzki sucking.:devil:

alright now, lets not get too carried away lol

BLACKeR
11-28-2005, 05:26 PM
alright now, lets not get too carried away lol

oh come on!!! that was really funny!! LMAO

slamdak8782
12-16-2005, 01:39 PM
This guy is probably french. Judging by the attitude and if so he fits right in with them. Anyways when ohlins has a sweet long travel quadrate setup with compression and rebound capability they might sell more. Second if this guy works for you, fire him because he is a smart ***** Lastly elka and axis sell more because they look like they are of good quality. So we as riders think the insides reflect the workmanship of the inside. I hope this guy doesn't represent you. My 2 cents.

Carl_YFZ
12-16-2005, 02:51 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by slamdak8782
[B]This guy is probably french. Judging by the attitude and if so he fits right in with them.

:huh Ha ha ha Do you hear that guy! He must be English judging by the attitude!!!!!!! Ha ha ha.:D

Pitiful :blah:

racerxxgncc
12-23-2005, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Carl_YFZ
[QUOTE]Originally posted by slamdak8782
[B]This guy is probably french. Judging by the attitude and if so he fits right in with them.

:huh Ha ha ha Do you hear that guy! He must be English judging by the attitude!!!!!!! Ha ha ha.:D

Pitiful :blah:
Carl aren't you american? When I ripped your ***** about being a mother canucker you told me you were there in Canada for a job.

Just like the french can't keep there stories straight with one lie after another.:rolleyes:

PITIFUL!!!!!!