PDA

View Full Version : 300ex reverse mod

reconmaster
11-08-2005, 10:28 AM
i have seen the article but i would like to see the step by step or explained to me so I won't screw up
I'm considering the mod this winter so any help would be appreciated thanks

300exOH
11-08-2005, 11:03 AM
All you need to do is remove the reverse cable from both ends and use a zip tie or exhaust spring to pull the lever on the right side of the engine the same direction the cable pulls it. Then all you have to do is put the quad in neutral and shift into reverse like you would normally. Many people have said the quad can go into reverse while in a forward gear. This is NOT true. I have tried.

Here's a pic of the cable replaced with a 2 stroke exhaust spring

rm25x
11-08-2005, 01:22 PM
I did mine different. I cut the cable, removed the housing, and then wrapped the cable around the frame then behind the footpeg, and used the footpeg to clamp the cable. Works gtrat, and you can't see it.

bwamos
11-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
Many people have said the quad can go into reverse while in a forward gear. This is NOT true. I have tried.

A agree. You could, however, in neutral rev it up then pop it into reverse w/o the clutch being pulled in. But, then you'd have to be trying to blow up the motor.. lol. Accidentally popping it in at idle wont hurt it anymore than doing it in the forward gears, and we've all accidentally let off the clutch when we thought it was in neutral before. ;)

Sjorge450R
11-08-2005, 02:49 PM
im doing it different. Im using a ASV clutch lever with hot start lever for my reverse mod. I will let your guys know how it works out when my levers get here friday.

bwamos
11-08-2005, 02:57 PM
I'm using a hotstart mod for mine as well since the kids put around on it, and I use a "folding" shifter off of a dirtbike for my reverse lever on the motor so I can flip it with my foot.

300exOH
11-08-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
A agree. You could, however, in neutral rev it up then pop it into reverse w/o the clutch being pulled in. But, then you'd have to be trying to blow up the motor.. lol. Accidentally popping it in at idle wont hurt it anymore than doing it in the forward gears, and we've all accidentally let off the clutch when we thought it was in neutral before. ;)

This is true. Just be careful and you'll be fine.

I thought about doing what sjorge mentioned with the asv hotstart lever but I found it was much cheaper to go with an RTC lever and use the exhaust spring. Both will work fine though. it just depends on your budget and preference.