PDA

View Full Version : Does the YFZ 39mm carb work?

Kovatch
11-08-2005, 09:31 AM
I has seen a few things but really havent heard exactly if it works. If I am to buy this carb, what all will I need?? Throttle cable (any mods to it), boot?

You can see my motor and what is done to it. How is the performance increased? Please shed some more light on this for me.

Thanks in advance

AceLtz
11-08-2005, 08:34 PM
if you have a stock carb right now youll feel a big increase in performance. the yfz carb is the best carb you can get for the z400. the sparks fcr39 (that retails for $500-+) is the same carburetor as from a yfz, just looks different. i have a fcr carburetor off a wr426 dirtbike, any fcr will fit.

to get it to fit you can either, but a Drze intake boot, or you can put your stock boot in boiling water and stretch it over the new carburetor. the stock throttle wont fit the fcr so youll have to get a throttle assembly from a yfz or any of the YZ or WR dirbikes if you want a twist. youll feel a big increase in performance, the fcr is a much better carb than the stock mikuni

Kovatch
11-13-2005, 04:18 PM
What should I do to maintain the thumb throttle on the Z but not use the one off of a YFZ??? I will not use a twist throttle and just want to keep mine, is there any way of doing this?

AceLtz
11-13-2005, 10:02 PM
the stock throttle cannot be used, you need to get a yfz thottle. the fcr requires a totally different cable to connect to the throttle assembly. the tabs at the end of the throttle cable on the stock throttle are too big to fit into the fcr.

panteramatt
11-15-2005, 05:38 AM
Nope thats wrong. Yuo can certainly use the yfz cable. You just have to drill hand tap your z's throttle for it ot fit, really simple.:D

AceLtz
11-15-2005, 09:34 AM
so the cable yfz cable will go into the stock throttle thumb assembly? your saying just to get the yfz cable and adapt it to the stock housing right, i didnt know that

Kovatch
11-17-2005, 04:55 PM
what about the boots (airbox to carb, carb to motor??) any suggestions there?

panteramatt
11-17-2005, 05:44 PM
Yes, the yfz cable will fit your thumber. The threaded end of the cable is a little bigger so all you have to do is drill it out and tap the hole, very easy. As for the intake boot. Either get one fron a drze, or get a dremel, grind out the ribs inside and soak it in hot water and it will slide right on. Its your choice.:D

dtzalba450r
11-25-2005, 07:13 PM
It will work and its a nice addition too!