PDA

View Full Version : Air Box Mods...No Jetting?????

06-20-2002, 09:49 PM
this question has been beatin to death, and when it died, it was beatin some more, but i still dont get it, so why the heck not ask. every talks about *air box mods* besides drilling holes in it, what else is there to do, i mean if I drill holes, ill have to re-jet (trying to avoid that) what mods can i go to get more power (airbox) and not have to really do anythign else???? thanks

06-20-2002, 10:09 PM
please answer!!!!!!

06-21-2002, 11:48 AM
come one, a million people know this...help

RUFIO
06-21-2002, 12:04 PM
checkin

06-21-2002, 12:11 PM
Well it's like this,,,if you open you airbox, drill holes, or come up with a way to put a black hole in there. Your letting more air in,,if ya let more air in,,you gotta rejet bigger to let more gas in..plain and simple. So NO you can't do airbox mods and not rejet if you want to have your motor running in top condition..if you don't rejet you'll also be running your motor lean which means it's gonna sieze the engine...did ya get all that???:D

quadfamily
06-21-2002, 11:14 PM
what he said.................

RUFIO
06-22-2002, 10:59 AM
what size jet do i move up to? e-series - twin air- and i dont know what size the guy b4 had put in, but he has a jet kit in there.....so what new size do i move up to????? with 6 holes in lid

One_Bad_400
06-22-2002, 11:08 AM
i understand this, because i've dealt with engines on other things before, but i don't know how to actually re-jet it. so can someone direct me somewhere where it tells how to re-jet.

i don't have any engine mods, that's why i need this:(

leel
06-22-2002, 06:19 PM
If by "6 holes in the air box" you mean the UNI vents, this by itself isn't much of a change (a little, but not much). Usually, after putting in 6 UNI vents in the air box lid, and changing to an aftermarket air filter like a UNI filter, you can get pretty close by going up two sizes on the main jet and half a turn richer on the low speed mixture screw. This is assuming that the engine was jetted correctly before. The Honda or Clymers manual have procedures on changing the jets if you haven't done something like that before. If you have any experience with carbs and engines, it's pretty easy ...

Good luck,
Lorrin