PDA

View Full Version : 250x/350x.... the was it should be

tommyboy8
11-08-2005, 07:55 AM
my dream has always been to put a 350x motor on a 250x frame... well i got the 250x and the 350x motor off ebay and away i went...i researched this as much as possible and this is everything custom i know of you can do...

400ex carb does work!!! (need and 400ex intake)
400ex plastics can be fit to custom!!
400ex shock conversion kit does not work very well...
i raced mx with all these and the shock bottom out badly and give way to much in corner nearly rolling the bike every time!!
advised getting works,elka, ect..

now the 350x motor was a long exspensive task but im seeing light at the end of the tunnel..
new cam, high comp. wisco .50mm over bore, new head, gasket the whole nine yard .. thing you need for the motor conversion..

you need and 350x cdi box...
you need and 350x kickstarter... (250x does not clear the case)

this brings me to my question section...

after research i cannot find that ac pro peg makes nerf bars for these... i dieing for a set ... the only thing i have seen is modified 660raptor ac propeg... i was wonder on that...

next thing... the exhaust on this is tricky as hell!!
powroll.com sell the conversion kit if you want to pay 500$$$ I on the other hand like the cheaper custom ways...
with highly modifing 250x headers you can make and pipe..
i was wonder could you fit up and 350x header or maybe even a 400ex ... will it clear the frame???? any one who has and more infomation or this please post it...

thanks tommyboy8 250x lives on!

rm25x
11-08-2005, 01:26 PM
wpwp :D

bwamos
11-08-2005, 02:33 PM
next thing... the exhaust on this is tricky as hell!!
powroll.com sell the conversion kit if you want to pay 500$$$ I on the other hand like the cheaper custom ways...
with highly modifing 250x headers you can make and pipe..
i was wonder could you fit up and 350x header or maybe even a 400ex ... will it clear the frame???? any one who has and more infomation or this please post it...[/B]

Here's what I would do..
Get a HMF slipon, or other similar slipon with great flow for the 300ex.

Get a 350x header (or used aftermarket 400ex header if the bungs will line up, haven't tried).
Chop off the back half of the header right after the pipe finishes its 2 into 1. Take the whole thing up to the automotive muffler shop, and have then custom bend and weld on a nice mid-pipe for you that will fit up perfectly. They don't charge that much.

bcmx8
11-10-2005, 02:47 PM
i have seen a 350x motor in a 300ex and the only exhaust they could find that would work is the dg one. it looked nice and sounded good and it fit too.

ltl666devil
11-10-2005, 03:43 PM
make ure own bye peacing other ones together