PDA

View Full Version : racing help

Honda TRX250ex
11-07-2005, 06:23 PM
i want to race my 250x this summer and wounder what i would need to race for my quad and my and other things
this is what i have on my quad
Maxxis All Around Razrs
Renthal Alum Bars
FMF MegaMax Exhaust
Maier Front/Rear Racing Plastic Black
Red Frame
DG Grab Bar
AC Racing Bumper
Top end rebuilt (piston rings Valves Rockers Cam ex.)
Ceet Flame Seat
Factory 909 Grips
Fox Bar Pad
Hinson Clutch Kit
Sun Clutch Lever
DG nerf bars

tfuchs
11-07-2005, 07:56 PM
What event do you plan on racing in...MX? Harescrambles?

I have raced both with my 250x and I would do the harescrambles again but not the motocross(not enough suspension or power) But with the HS you stand a chance in the C class. Just my little tidbit...The best thing to do...by a 400ex or 450r...If you want to be competitive.

Honda TRX250ex
11-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by tfuchs
What event do you plan on racing in...MX? Harescrambles?

I have raced both with my 250x and I would do the harescrambles again but not the motocross(not enough suspension or power) But with the HS you stand a chance in the C class. Just my little tidbit...The best thing to do...by a 400ex or 450r...If you want to be competitive.

dont flame me but im kinda new to racing but not riding i do alot of fast trail riding and i race some of my friends around tracks that we build could you tell me what kind there is and what they are like

tfuchs
11-08-2005, 02:50 PM
This was my first year racing too and I did both motocross and harescrambles...I would do some harescramble racing for a year or so to get started and keed practicing on the tracks. Being in shape will always help and racing the 2 hour HS races will help with that. Good luck and practice alot and you will have fun...Thats what its all about!

fasterthanyouex
11-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Well i would suggest skidplates....every place usally requires tether switches....

Honda TRX250ex
11-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by fasterthanyouex
Well i would suggest skidplates....every place usally requires tether switches....
yeah i have custom dimiond plate skids that i made and im getting a tether switch soon