PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tries the iShocks yet?

Matt400ex_17
11-07-2005, 05:31 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried the iShocks for either the 400ex or the 450r preferably the 450r and how did you like them or dislike them? Im sick of calling several companies and race shops just to get put on a waiting list for shocks and a arms. But i dont want crap either. I went to a dealer and looked at them up close and they look real nicely built and high quality but i would like some input on there performance? and feel?

benbuilt4u
11-07-2005, 07:05 PM
this months dirt wheels has a complete right up. dec/05 issue

prepracing
11-08-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by benbuilt4u
this months dirt wheels has a complete right up. dec/05 issue

I saw that, looks like a good setup. And from what they said sounds like a good upgrade

Colby@C&DRacing
11-09-2005, 09:25 AM
ISHOCK makes a good product:) We have a full set of them in here right now for testing. As soon as my knee heals up from my wreck I will be installing them on my 04 450r and will do a full ride test.

rob-u/21
11-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Personally I have not used them. But I can assure that they are a top of the line product. The people that build these arms and shock put a lot R&D into their products and have a lot of knowledge in what they do. The iShock kit is the only kit out that is made to work with one and other unlike all others were you would make the shock work with the a-arms you have.

Honda
11-09-2005, 09:02 PM
I don't know, I am not convinced yet that they are a top notch outfit.

One of the statements in dirtwheels read

"We have found only one model of ATV that actually had improved performance with the tirers moved forward. This is the yamaha Banshee. Guess what, our banshee arms are +1 forward. Try this little manuever with the Honda TRX 450 and you would find yourself looped out right off the gate!"

Looped out? Hmmm, I always thought that it would be the reverse of that?

Anyway, I like the idea, and it seems that they have a good product, but I would choose other options if I was to do more than just play ride with the set-up.

prepracing
11-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Honda
I don't know, I am not convinced yet that they are a top notch outfit.

One of the statements in dirtwheels read

"We have found only one model of ATV that actually had improved performance with the tirers moved forward. This is the yamaha Banshee. Guess what, our banshee arms are +1 forward. Try this little manuever with the Honda TRX 450 and you would find yourself looped out right off the gate!"

Looped out? Hmmm, I always thought that it would be the reverse of that?

Anyway, I like the idea, and it seems that they have a good product, but I would choose other options if I was to do more than just play ride with the set-up.

they were not referring to their product in that statement, they were just giving examples of what if any benefits +1 forward a-arms give

Honda
11-10-2005, 12:05 AM
+1 forward would lengthen the wheelbase, thus giving a smother ride.

Also would put more weight on the front end, as would a + sized swingarm.

I don't see how it would cause the quad to loop out, if anything it would only add more weight to the front end thus reducing the tendancy to do so.

Maybe a typo? I don't know

Colby@C&DRacing
11-10-2005, 08:06 AM
+1 forward arms puts more weight on the rear of the atv.

TBD
11-10-2005, 08:19 AM
Colby is totally right. Not that I needed to tell him that, but by moving the arms forward it does transfer more wieght to the rear. The main reason the arms are forward is that most Banshee owners will elect to run a longer swingarm( Duners, drags, etc.). When using a longer swingarm it will transfer more wieght to the front so by moving the arms forward you would keep the same handling charcteristics but increase the wheelbase to make the quad more stable.

bwamos
11-10-2005, 08:33 AM
Agree.. the +1 forward benefits you if you put on a longer swingarm.. otherwise it just makes it lighter in the front.

Their comment is assuming you keep the stock swinger.

But, if you put on a longer swinger +1 forward a-arms would certianly be a benefit.

Honda
11-10-2005, 11:25 AM
I have a Houser +1 1/4 Swing. So would the Plus one forward be a benifit for woods racing?

TBD
11-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Honda
I have a Houser +1 1/4 Swing. So would the Plus one forward be a benifit for woods racing?
The 1" forward would be perfect with that length swingarm but the width might not be any good for the woods.

rustyATV
11-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Doesn't a +1 forward change the ackerman in the steering?

350ROOST
12-02-2005, 02:07 PM
Back on topic guys,

Has anyone ridden with this set up?