PDA

View Full Version : poly a arm bushings??

parts eeter
11-07-2005, 05:31 PM
I am thinking of using the bushings instead of the high priced needles in the arms.If I did choose to go with bushings I would consistently remove a arms and clean regrease them.Is this a good option for a rec rider?? My thoughts are a greased bushing would be better than a stuck needle bearing?!But I am not an expert on these and u guys havent steered me wrong yet.So I humbly await your replies.So far I have been provided exc info on 450r front shocks,02 450 timing chain,no base gasket use,and xr 400 gasket for the top.Thanks all!!!

F-16Guy
11-08-2005, 08:03 AM
I've never used arms with bushings, so I don't know how long they last under normal use, but I have about five years on the stock arms on my 400ex and the bearings are still tight. I imagine the stock stuff will last quite a bit longer. I'm sure the bushings will last a long time, too, as long as you keep them greased. If you're going that route, check out the bushings and bushing kits at www.quadpartsguy.com. I think it's the store for American Star Manufacturing. Their bushings look pretty good, and they're only $2 a piece, or cheaper if you buy a kit. I would buy their stuff through their eBay store, it will save you a couple more bucks.

parts eeter
11-08-2005, 09:46 AM
I dont see the 400 ex bushings anywhere???

F-16Guy
11-08-2005, 10:55 PM
I don't even know if you can convert the stock arms to bushings. You would have to measure the bearing housings and call to see if they have something that would fit.

diryhead
11-09-2005, 06:27 PM
Poly bushings at www.superdaves.com. Never tried these, just found them by chance.

deathman53
11-09-2005, 06:38 PM
I had bushing on my trx250r and they squeeked alot, no amount of grease, anti-seize, wd-40, marine grade grease, lithuim grease, stopped it.