PDA

View Full Version : Atv Racing In Indiana

Nate250ex
06-20-2002, 09:01 PM
DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHERE A MX TRACK OR DRAG STRIP IS FOR ATVS IN INDIANA.IVE BEEN LOOKIN FOR A WHILE WITH NO RESULTS

warrior86
06-20-2002, 10:39 PM
Yeah Quadcity mx in oakland city and Motorhead park somewhere by holiday world.

Moto92
06-21-2002, 11:56 AM
There are two tracks here in IL and one in IN that are running a
tri-district series together. I dont remember the IN tracks name but check out http://www.planet-x-treme.com for detail on the tracks

freakystone
06-22-2002, 10:17 AM
Well, there are finally atv races in NW Indiana. The Cannondale dealer is managing the Southlake Speedway and every Friday night they will race quads. It is a circle track with decent bankment.

Last night there were 12 quads there:

2 stock 400EX's
1 piped 400EX
1 hunk of junk 400EX
2 piped Raptor's
1 stock Raptor
2 modded 250R's
1 stock Banshee
1 modded Banshee
1 Cannondale Moto

It really wasnt fair. The modded Bashee ran the track a full second or two faster than the Moto, time after time. Both of the riders were decent riders but shifted way to much and kept fighting the ruts rather than moving 3 feet high and getting in the loose dirt to maintain speed.

THe best rider was on the piped 400EX. His pipe was crushed in on the side like someone hit it with a sledge hammer but he hit fourth gear out of the box and stayed there. He picked the loose dirt line and didnt lose and power fighting the ruts. He was matching the times of the Moto second for second in the trials.

All of the others had a hard time keeping their quad on four wheels. All of them about ate dirt once or twice. Bad riding, horrible line choosing and just inexperience.

When they got to racing, it was the Moto all the way, but not by much. It was funny to see a $13K quad beat a bunch of stockers worth about half the price or less.

You guys in NW Indiana and NE Illinois should check it out. The guy who runs it is also the Cannondale dealer. Tell him the guy with the "jap crap Suzuki" told you about it. Their web site is www.wolfpackperformance.com.

honda250
06-24-2002, 03:49 PM
barneys in upaland, the badlands

07-03-2002, 11:48 AM
check the local 4H fairs coming up in July. There is a newspaper that you can get with all the county fairs in IN and OH. Some are MX but most are flat track. There is a thread I posted in this forum about a new track that is being built in Paoli, IN. I'm getting a chance to ride on it this weekend cause my dad knows the guy. I'll post something about it when I get back. Good luck.

roostin_dale
07-03-2002, 12:40 PM
Does anyone race at Motor Head Park!? Its 5 miles north of the Ohio river! I will have my warrior there racing the 1/2 mile TT on july 13 and 14! I might bring my 400ex but i dont have TT tires so i cant race it!

ESR250R
07-05-2002, 10:01 AM
hey freaky stone what time does the quad races start and is there gonna be racing tonight?

07-05-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by quad_freak14
Does anyone race at Motor Head Park!?

I practice on their MX track about 2 times a month,,never road the TT track since I don't have the setup,,over all it's a nice setup,,I just wish they'd let us ride quads on the BMX track..:D