PDA

View Full Version : right height adjustemnt on 450r shocks?

red03400
11-07-2005, 03:50 PM
i just bought 450 r stock shocks aand put them on my 400ex with +2 a-arms...but the quad still sits a ft off the ground....how do u make it sit lower...and the lock rings r all the way up..thanks alot

R3Concepts
11-07-2005, 04:29 PM
ZPS, thats it.

parts eeter
11-07-2005, 05:11 PM
I talked to Laz at GT Thunder today and he said he cuts the 450r shock bodies down and revalves them.For a total of 800 bux I can get an additional 1.5 inches of front and rear wheel travel with an overall ride height approx 1.5 lower than stock.This price included front shocks modded,triple rates,and a revalve for rider.Rear included rebuild,revalve,spring,link,and bearings.Not too shabby of a price considering a set of elkas just for the front cost more than that alone.I am however on the fence about this as I have to say my 450r shocks are pretty cushy! But the rear needs help badly.I think I am gonna have my local shop do a new seal in it and an oil change recharge on it.I believe I will be having the oil thinned by one lighter than stock,and run the lowest possible volume of oil in it as well.I have found that in past experiences with shock tuning,that many times if you get the oil volume just right,and the weight of oil dialed that a stock shock can and many times will be competitive.Sometimes I do end up replacing the spring when I have tried all adjustments to no avail.I also am worried about lowering my quad as the trails in this area are usually trenched and rocky cuz the big 4x4s have ate them up.Lowering will increase dragging for me.:confused: