PDA

View Full Version : is it bad?

yellow400ex05
11-07-2005, 02:42 PM
Is it bad to ride a quad on the roads in the snow when there is salt spread on it or would it damage it? Also if it damges anything what would be some things that could get damaged?

I was just curious, and it just came to mind.

JRDrider22
11-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Some people say its bad, but ive never had a problem with it. I've been riding it on for about 5 years now, and all my bikes have held up fine in the end

Schooled 416
11-07-2005, 03:02 PM
as long as you wash them off you should be fine, just like driving a car on the road.

Ghost-Rider
11-07-2005, 03:04 PM
well salt + metal +wet/slushy crap = corrision out the butt but it isnt a problem as long as you rinse/wash your quad good after you ride cause we used to do that and some corrision but just rinse it off good and youll b fine.

11-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
well salt + metal +wet/slushy crap = corrision out the butt but it isnt a problem as long as you rinse/wash your quad good after you ride cause we used to do that and some corrision but just rinse it off good and youll b fine.

the only problem is you cant really rinse your quad off in thr winter...frozen hoses and stuff. and i wouldnt want to wash my quad in the cold that would suck lol

11-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
the only problem is you cant really rinse your quad off in thr winter...frozen hoses and stuff. and i wouldnt want to wash my quad in the cold that would suck lol

that's why I got a heated garage, along with the floors:blah:

Scro
11-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by dvx400rider
that's why I got a heated garage, along with the floors:blah:

:mad: major jealousy

yellow400ex05
11-07-2005, 04:02 PM
LMAO!! I'm jealous too!

I guess I'll store it in my basement after cleaning. or heat up some blankets and warm up the parts so they don't straight out freeze from the cold water.

I also could use a heater! What a good idea lol