PDA

View Full Version : wtf.... 2 broken input shafts

daddio
11-06-2005, 10:46 PM
a stroked '04 motor and a bone stock '06 motor. My kid broke the input shaft (the shaft the clutch is on) on both bikes, with very little hrs on each. And he has put 10 times the hrs on his origional '04 and it's still running strong.
Anybody else have this problem?

MJNOVA
11-07-2005, 06:12 PM
Yes--- I have broken two. We you running the auto clutch? I have let off --shifting the bike hard and haven't had a problem.

daddio
11-08-2005, 07:20 AM
Yes, we had the Rekluse clutch on both bikes. But funny thing is... we have an '04 that has had the clutch on for over a year now, and it has been raced at least 20 times more than either new bike, and just as hard. I called Rekluse, and out of all the Yamaha's they have clutches in, they only had one other failure in a yfz that was used for GNCC racing.:confused: :confused: :confused:

maggiesboy
11-08-2005, 09:51 AM
Reed is getting rough with the toys huh? :D

MJNOVA
11-08-2005, 10:59 AM
Both of mine broke with a EFM in it not the REK. I think theat they both provide alot more clamping power then stock. I know that Yamaha had some weak shafts too. I now only have a REK and haven't had any more problems---I race GNCC---I think if used for MX the non slipping ability on landings could still cause the shaft to break.