PDA

View Full Version : howt to tell what carb?

clipse4u2c
11-06-2005, 08:46 PM
hey i have a 426ex with 13.1 built by pro fab but the guy i bought it from didn't know much about the engine in it. i was wondering how i can tell more i would love to call profab but they are no longer in business. i would love to know what they do to there engines to know what is done to mine (porting, valves, etc.) and i don't know how to tell if i have a stock or aftermarket carb or not any info would be appreciated. thanks

also im really thinking about taking it down to the frame and powdercoating it this winter anything i need to watch out for and why i'm doing that i'm thinking about freshening up the motor but it's just frustrating when you don't know when or what was done to it. thanks!

Chino886
11-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by clipse4u2c
hey i have a 426ex with 13.1 built by pro fab but the guy i bought it from didn't know much about the engine in it. i was wondering how i can tell more i would love to call profab but they are no longer in business. i would love to know what they do to there engines to know what is done to mine (porting, valves, etc.) and i don't know how to tell if i have a stock or aftermarket carb or not any info would be appreciated. thanks

also im really thinking about taking it down to the frame and powdercoating it this winter anything i need to watch out for and why i'm doing that i'm thinking about freshening up the motor but it's just frustrating when you don't know when or what was done to it. thanks!

if you could take a pic of the carb, I am sure we could tell you what you have.

clipse4u2c
11-08-2005, 06:26 AM
i'll get a pick asap. and does anybody know how i can call the builder at profab i know they are out of business i just have a few questions and they would know best!!!

Chino886
11-08-2005, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by clipse4u2c
i'll get a pick asap. and does anybody know how i can call the builder at profab i know they are out of business i just have a few questions and they would know best!!!

post the questions, someone on here will have the answers.