PDA

View Full Version : packin up for winter

400exrules
11-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Its gettin pretty cold around here, and this is my first winter with a quad, so what all do i need to do to it? I might ride it if we get some snow, but theirs a chance it wont be ridden for 3-4months, so what do i need to do to it, like fuel stabilizer, battery, what? Its stored in a garage.

thanks!

MotoX3
11-06-2005, 04:34 PM
start it every once and a while....you shouldnt need stabilizer if you start it every now and then....but dont keep a lot of gas in there..just enough to let it idle and warm up...

Hondadudeehhhh
11-06-2005, 04:55 PM
start it every week so the battery doesnt die. I would ride it even if you don't get snow, riding in just cold isnt so fun but at least you're riding

400exrules
11-06-2005, 08:10 PM
can i just start it every couple weeks, or should i need to take it around the block?

fasterthanyouex
11-06-2005, 08:29 PM
hmm i cant ride that thing fast enough for a spin around the block without cops stoping me....one time a cop stoped me and asked me if i had a moped lisences?:confused: i dont ride around in the street besides after a wash or and upgrade.
hmm iv been able to start mine like every 3 weeks or so without my battery even close to dieing:macho

Punk'd
11-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Man, I wish I could say the same about here. It feels like summer:confused:

400exrules
11-06-2005, 08:32 PM
i rarely do it, just when i wash it and stuff. My friend used to ride his xr200 all over town and he rides his yz125 around sometimes too. I still cant believe how he's never gotten pulled over, when theirs over 30,000 people in my town, and lots of cops. Ive never been pulled over, which i dont see how its possible with my hmf. guess im lucky.

i thought you had to ride it to re-charge the battery?

fasterthanyouex
11-07-2005, 01:06 PM
i usally let it idle and a ocassinal(sp) rev in the engine to charge up the battery

Scro
11-07-2005, 01:51 PM
What to do:

1. Put on a couple more layers of clothes
2. Ride it:devil: ;)

besides, it's not that cold down here yet:p

Ghost-Rider
11-07-2005, 03:44 PM
just start it up i start my stuff up like everyday ... i love hearing it run but i usaly ride it everyday as well and just ride it i mean you dont get cold till your hands do thats when it hits you or if your ears freeze off.....lol lastyear i did snow with quad and omg my legs looked red/frostbitten and felt like a bunch needleds n knifes where in them ...lol.

watts16
11-07-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
just start it up i start my stuff up like everyday ... i love hearing it run but i usaly ride it everyday as well and just ride it i mean you dont get cold till your hands do thats when it hits you or if your ears freeze off.....lol lastyear i did snow with quad and omg my legs looked red/frostbitten and felt like a bunch needleds n knifes where in them ...lol.

ya dosent feel to good when you wreck and your very cold did that last year on the lake. hit a snow pile sideways in the top of 4th on my ol' 300

TheFontMaster
11-07-2005, 05:44 PM
I would take my quad for a ride atleast up and down the road a couple times a week, just to get the motor warmed up and everything moving. I get so much snow here, I'm lucky if I can ride around my yard anytime after christmas. The greatest time on the snow was in febuary a couple years ago it got warm for a couple days then cold again, and there was about an inch and a half of ice on top of about 2 feet of snow, I could ride anywhere, over snow drifts, fields it was great.