PDA

View Full Version : Pred. or 400

400EXdude
11-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Okay, first off, i am in love with my 406..i feel like i am invincible on it..but i am starting to not love the suspension..and powers gettin boring..first off i ride some trails..mostly wide open fields or roads. and my dad is a polaris guy and is always wanting me to get a predator..and i always just heard they were heavy and slow..but i really like the looks of the new 06 safari edition...and was just wondering if a predator is a good wheely machine...better handling...and can handle some jumping...(5-15 feet)...thanks for any answers or opinions

XCpred
11-06-2005, 05:23 PM
I put my pred through torture and nothing has broken on it. The suspension is great and the power is even better. I over shot a 50 ft. table top the other weekend and it did not bother me at all. It didn't even bottom out.

hannibal3495
11-06-2005, 07:41 PM
Heavy maybe a little, depending on what model you get, has some up-graded items that you would have to add on other models.So weight is relative. Mine is abused and it just plain asks for more. TLD suspension can handle 10-11 ft flat landings no problems, biggest I have attemped. Excellent power, needs a little more off idle response. Excellent machine so far.

smokinwrench
11-08-2005, 08:00 PM
I have my 400ex forsale and a predator will take its place.

I like my ex but I always ride with predators and yfz's. The ex has no chance of hanging with those quads on wide open riding like we do. In tight trails I'm just as fast.

I'm sure if I spent a couple grand on suspension upgrades and even more power it could do it but I'd rather spend the money to upgrade to a predator.