PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Violation Question!?!?!?

400ex87
11-06-2005, 10:15 AM
ok..so yesterday i am going down 104(any of your new yorkers) i go down the merging ramp and there is a car right next to me..one behind him! I shoulda slowed down..but NOO i punch it and pass him going 75 in a 55. Of course a police officer sees so a car gets behind me and starts tailingme really close..no lights or anything. So i tap my breaks to get him to back off...BOOOMMM...flashers are on and i pull over and am like wholly mother fudger! He writes me for 3 tickets...Speeding which was 20 over...improper/no turn signal...and the last was changing lanes improperly or suttin of that sort. The cop said "if the judge lets you keep your liscense, you need to drive safer." WTF is he bsing cause i am pretty sure that i dont have any points against me! I got in an accident 3 weeks ago and hit her from behind when she cut me off..but it was ruled a no fault. PLEASE HELP guys any advice...court is 12/04 and i think i am gunna get a lawyer...ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

11-06-2005, 10:19 AM
that happened to me but I was in the left lane and the cop was in a sports car on my bumper so i tried to pass the semi so he could pass me but by the time I passed the semitruck i was doing 80 in a 65 so he fugged me. I paid the $60 fee

400ex87
11-06-2005, 10:34 AM
i think i have to go to court! the cop was an a** and wrote me up for every little thing. I know i was wrong, but i have like no record for anyhting bad at all..do you think that will help a little bit? I have to go to the local towns court!

TM426
11-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Get a lawyer and youll keep you license. Good luck:)

mxdave28
11-06-2005, 01:09 PM
i dont know the laws there but here...20 over is auto loss of license. (here in Pa) lets say they just write you up for 18 over instead of 20 (break) then you will get 4 points...now lets take your improper signal charge...thats another 3 points, so now your at 7 points and if you get 6 within a year you automaticly have to retake your driver test.....and then lets add the improper lane change so thats another 3 points so thats 10 and if you recieve 11 within a yeaar thats also automatic loss of license hahaha so how much was the fine all together????

i was almost in this perdicument(sp) myself ended up cutting a deal and had the others dropped

SGA
11-06-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by 400ex87
I shoulda slowed down..but NOO i punch it and pass him going 75 in a 55.

I used to do that stuff, but its not worth it. Tickets=$$

Nowdays I just slow down and let them by, then I move over into the lane when its safe to do so.

Theres a reason for these laws, to protect innocent drivers from having wrecks caused by people driving dangerously.

kyex40047
11-06-2005, 06:56 PM
I was doing 87 in 65 and a cop was hiding and got me, I was in the fast lane when he clocked me and he said I didn't use my left turn signal to change lanes, WTF, even though I never changed lanes. I got the county clerck, I believe thats who it was, to write me a recomendation for the no turn signal, and It was like it never happened, didn't have to pay for it or anything. There is all kinds of ways to get out of a ticket. If you get a lawyer, he will most likely argue faulty equ.. Don't worry about your liscense, the cop was being an as****** and tried to scare you. Is this your first ticket? If it is, just pay the fine and go to traffic court and it will take any pionts away and will not go on your record. 20 over is like 6 pionts and no turn signal is like 5 and you are allowed as many as like 18 before you go up for review and even then they normally don't take your liscense. Your put on probation or something like that.

coryatver
11-06-2005, 07:12 PM
I think it is 26 mph over you automaticlly loose your license in pa.

MAaudioX10
11-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Here's a thought......Drive like your suppose to and you wouldn't be losing your license and hundreds of dollars.:rolleyes:

babyboy
11-07-2005, 12:42 AM
it depend on your state laws.. in Iowa, three moving violations in 1 year would get you a suspension.. as well a speeding ticket for 21 over +

you could always take it to court, half the time the officer don't show and they throw the case out..

popo
11-07-2005, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by MAaudioX10
Here's a thought......Drive like your suppose to and you wouldn't be losing your license and hundreds of dollars.:rolleyes:

Excately!!!!

popo
11-07-2005, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by babyboy

you could always take it to court, half the time the officer don't show and they throw the case out..

1. He's going to court in the 1st place.
2. Cruiser video does not lie.
3. Even if the officer does not show up for the motion hearing, some departments have court liason officers who represent the arresting officer.

TCracin440ex
11-07-2005, 06:54 AM

dont act like you aint never broke a law with your car

i know everybody here has broken the law occasionally....hell your speeding if your 1 mph over the speedlimit...

and a few people are proally guilty of this one too...come to a stop light a 2 or 3 in the morning...1 of them in middle of no where stop lights....that dont have cameras....stop....look both ways...make sure nobody is arround and run it.....

and another thing is...if your speeding and you slam on your brakes infront of a cop...that shows him right there your guilty...your best bet is just to let off the juice and let the vehicle slow itself down

and taping on brakes to get him to back off with him that close might have give him the signal that you were driving wrecklessly...

kyex40047
11-07-2005, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by popo
1. He's going to court in the 1st place.

Not always. You could just pay the ticket before your court date and plead guilty and not have to go. Thats what I would do and just take traffic court if possible. If not get a lawyer and have him plead not guilty by fualty equipment.

kyex40047
11-07-2005, 07:17 AM
Or get a radar detector.:devil:

ZSK
11-07-2005, 07:29 AM
Excately!!!!

Popo can you get pulled over for going too slow? Many times I find myself doing 5 mph under the limit simply because I don't feel comfortable keeping up with traffic. Most examples are on the expressway I'll do 65 when the posted limit is 70. Usually traffic is moving at 75-80.

Freedogg
11-07-2005, 07:59 AM
Zsk you need to just give up your driving all together, "I think its to fast so I will slow down", come on you should get a ticket just for that, and for the rest most everybody speeds true, but I dont whine about what I did, listen to yourself you just said you were speeding and doing all this wrong, but then you whine when you get cought and blame it on the cops, come on grow up maybe when you get older you will understand!!!

ZSK
11-07-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Freedogg
Zsk you need to just give up your driving all together, "I think its to fast so I will slow down", come on you should get a ticket just for that, and for the rest most everybody speeds true, but I dont whine about what I did, listen to yourself you just said you were speeding and doing all this wrong, but then you whine when you get cought and blame it on the cops, come on grow up maybe when you get older you will understand!!!

I should just quit driving because I like to drive a bit slower?

Freedogg
11-07-2005, 08:41 AM
Speed limit is there for a reason, no diff than speeding imo. If your too scared to drive the speed limit why drive at all?

ZSK
11-07-2005, 08:50 AM
The minimum speed limit on the expressway is 45. Last time I checked 65 was within the 45-70 range and 80 wasn't.:huh Your opinion is just that an opinion.

Freedogg
11-07-2005, 09:02 AM
Yes that is what it is. But why did you ask if you can get pulled over for going slow, when you allready new. But no harm man I have no problems with someone go slow compared to whiners who go fast and get cought. Later

parkers30
11-07-2005, 09:05 AM
driving 5 mph under the speed limit is not unsafe..... most of the semi's are running slower than that anyway, he is just running with a different flow of traffic

MAaudioX10
11-07-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
dont act like you aint never broke a law with your car

i know everybody here has broken the law occasionally....hell your speeding if your 1 mph over the speedlimit...

and a few people are proally guilty of this one too...come to a stop light a 2 or 3 in the morning...1 of them in middle of no where stop lights....that dont have cameras....stop....look both ways...make sure nobody is arround and run it.....

and another thing is...if your speeding and you slam on your brakes infront of a cop...that shows him right there your guilty...your best bet is just to let off the juice and let the vehicle slow itself down

and taping on brakes to get him to back off with him that close might have give him the signal that you were driving wrecklessly...

Have I gone faster than the speed limit? Yes, I think we all have.
Have I blown through traffic at 20+ over the speed limit, not using signals, and driving recklessly? NO!

What do you want me to say? You want me to comfort him for being irresponsible? I can't relate to him...when I am driving down the road and some kids in a 1945 Plymouth Laser with a 17" exhaust tip come flyin by at 17,000 RPM...I tend to get annoyed, at least. Asking myself, "Where a cop when you need one?" :rolleyes:

Freedogg
11-07-2005, 09:17 AM
Ya the grandpa and grandma flow lol

coryatver
11-07-2005, 10:54 AM
You can go slower just stay to the right.

popo
11-07-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by kyex40047
Not always. You could just pay the ticket before your court date and plead guilty and not have to go. Thats what I would do and just take traffic court if possible. If not get a lawyer and have him plead not guilty by fualty equipment.

I've been a Police Officer for 19 years son.. and I think I know the laws...certain violations require a manantory apperance in court.

popo
11-07-2005, 11:02 AM
1945 Plymouth Laser with a 17" exhaust tip come flyin by at 17,000 RPM...I tend to get annoyed, at least. Asking myself, "Where a cop when you need one?" :rolleyes:

Um a 1945 Plymouth Laser aint gonna do 17,000 RPM.

quad9
11-07-2005, 11:51 AM
well everybody wonders why teenagers insurance is so high.
it is idiots like you that scare me that my daughter will be driving soon, and people like you are on the road.
SLOW DOWN is it realy that important to drive like that?????

z400roosteR
11-07-2005, 01:50 PM
Yes in some states they even have a posted minimum speed, I've seen it in utah when passing through it made me chuckle.

I personally have done stupid **** like this, coming home from Washington headed over the 205 into Oregon at 3a.m. took my Firebird up to 111mph........there was no one around at it's 4 lanes. Another time i was passing a little digital speed display thing, not a camera one just to let you know....Speed limit 55mph your speed 98mph pretty funny. Anyways there is a time and a place for stupid **** like this but feel free to flame.:blah:

MAaudioX10
11-07-2005, 04:18 PM
Um a 1945 Plymouth Laser aint gonna do 17,000 RPM.

They also didn't build Plymouth Lasers in 1945.....

I was pokin fun at the fact that kid with anything 4 cylinder will slap the biggest can of Folger's coffee on there exhaust and drive around rapping that chit out...

wheelinforlife
11-07-2005, 04:26 PM
I cant stand people who drive slow and only 50 in a 55 or even 55 in a 55. Get off the road! Ride a moped!

SGA
11-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by wheelinforlife
I cant stand people who drive slow and only 50 in a 55 or even 55 in a 55. Get off the road! Ride a moped!
When you get behind me doing the speed limit you can go around :o

400ex87
11-07-2005, 07:04 PM
i feel so stupid, and now that i have looked back on it, every time i think about it i think more and more of the REAL conciquences that could have happend from driving unsafely. Could have got in an accident, hurt someone else, ughhh...i just feel like a moron. I guess my driving is not mature enough to slow down to merge instead of trying to beat someone. I accept the responsibility and stupidness for what i have done. And to tell you the truth, this is my first moving violation ever. Now i can tell the difference in how i drive! I am at the speed limit at all times, and when i see drivers fly by me, all I can think of is my mistake and someone else getting hurt in the process. And btw...i never got charged with wreckless driving.

Freedogg
11-07-2005, 07:30 PM
hey live and learn from it, thats all you can do, and at least you standing up to it, good for you.

fasterblaster09
11-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by SGA
When you get behind me doing the speed limit you can go around :o

My step dad doesnt drive to fast,at all..he has a sticker that says "the closer you get the slower i go"

SGA
11-07-2005, 10:14 PM
400ex87, Im glad to read that you are standing up to what you did.
It takes a much bigger man to say he did wrong and accept the outcome, that shows maturity and strong character. Good for you.

I remember one time when I passed on double yellows, the cop gave me a 88 dollar ticket. I paid it. Wasnt too happy about it though, that was a lot of green to me back then. And Ive had a few speeding tickets to boot. I try to stick to the speed limit, sometimes I go a bit over, I think most people do. Ive learned to drive with the flow of traffic. Live and learn I guess.

Warrioreater400ex
11-07-2005, 10:30 PM
if someone wants to be safer and drive a few mph under thats fine most of the time... i mean in my 4runner on 38's, i dont do over 50 because it shakes and rattles its just a pain to drive over that speed... however when its like a 35 and people do 30... that kinda ticks me off... but on the expressway as long as that stay to the right its all good... personally sometimes i dont really know exactly how fast im going because of my oversized tires, so usually i go with the flow... just like in life, go with the flow...

kyex40047
11-07-2005, 10:58 PM
I've been a Police Officer for 19 years son.. and I think I know the laws...certain violations require a manantory apperance in court.
True, but I was talking about his case, a speeding ticket. But if you have a rediculously high ticket that could cause a manantory court apperance.

11-07-2005, 11:45 PM
if someones doing under 30 in a 35 ill pull in front of them and go REALLY slow :blah: j/k but my mom did do that once when I was little and I almost pissed myself laughing