PDA

View Full Version : winch on 400ex

js3350z
11-06-2005, 07:36 AM
I have been thinking about getting one of those warn winchs for sport quads on my 400. My dads 4x4 normally gets me out, but about half the he has to work when I go rideing, and I either go by my self or with someone with sport quads or dirtbikes

(getting them out, without getting dirty is a plus also)

I was riding yesturday and I got stuck :( (all by my self) I had to wait about 90 minutes for my friend to go to my house and get my dads 4 wheeler so that wasn't very fun.

so, would the stock battery work with this winch (someone said they had to put a better battery to use the winch, but it doesn't say anything like that on the site

thanks,
I am sure I will come up with somemore questions on this so I will post them when I think of it

derekhonda
11-06-2005, 09:44 AM
Yes they make a winch, but there are also tricks to getting yourself out. Carry a couple tow straps or a thick rope with you and you will be amazed at the many ways you can get yourself out.

yamablaster24
11-06-2005, 09:49 AM
get a Come-a-long
thats all me and my dad used to use when jeeping. Youd be surprised

ZQ8Dude
11-06-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by yamablaster24
get a Come-a-long
thats all me and my dad used to use when jeeping. Youd be surprised

yeah thats what id get. no permanent mounts. so you could winch from both sides. and alot of them have easily 1000lb pull capacity. thats alot more then you'd ever need.

although personally...i just link together my tiedowns for a pull strap :o