PDA

View Full Version : which steering stem?

NCexRider
11-06-2005, 05:31 AM
I bent my stock steering stem yesterday. What aftermarket stem should I get and where should I get it from? Thanks...

jak1389
11-07-2005, 02:34 PM
lsr is always good to go with, but first call up walsh racecraft and see if they have one. walsh is the best of the best.

quad2xtreme
11-07-2005, 02:40 PM
IMO, Burgard is as good as anyone needs for a +1 antivibe stem that even comes nickel plated so it won't rust. You can get one including 1 1/8" bar mounts for under $200. Take your savings to help pay for a set of Flexxbars. Although these bars seem expensive at $275, you will think you put the best set of Elka shocks on your quad. You just can't believe how much impact these bars absorb. What really helps with these bars is both sides work independently so both can absorb punishment by letting both sides go downward at the same time. A regular antivibe stem will not allow this. If one side of your bars is pushing downward then the other side must be coming up.

/Jon

JRDrider22
11-07-2005, 03:04 PM
I run a hermann stem and i love it. Any aftermarket stem will do it though. My roll design bent before though.