PDA

View Full Version : raptor 700 problems

250r4life
11-06-2005, 02:05 AM
well my buddy went and bought an 06 yfz 450 last night, and when at the dealer he was talking with the sales manager and asked if they had had any problems with the 450s... the manager said "man thats about as strong as bike as yamaha has ever made, not like these raptors..." and my friend was like "what?" well, the manager obviously didnt want to say too much, but he said that somn was up with the fans not coming on and a couple other things, but said yamaha has some serious problems/kinks they need to get worked out... i was wondering how they would end up, just with changing so many things all at once, i was wondering what would be wrong... liek the 2001 had sucky trannys, and usually stuff get improved quite a bit from the 1st year... im also curious to see how that fuel injection is gunna hold up in the sand... it'll be interesting...

anybody else heard anything or have you had any problems with the 700?

SandRaptorRandy
11-06-2005, 12:36 PM
I have an 06 700R I've done some mods and have had it to the dunes three times now ( the last trip was four days) and I have yet to have so much as a hiccup. A friend of mine has one and he has had no problems either. The one thing that people are doing that will cause a lean condition is pulling the lid off the air box putting in high flow filters pulling out the baffles or installing slip on's and not using an after market EFI controller. They run very lean this way as the EFI does not compensate for air box mods and pipes contrary to what the magizine reviews say. I have only seen I report of a faulty fan sensor or something to that effect on another forum. I have had real good luck with the PCIII USB that I have installed on mine along with the GYT-R high flow filter and adapter. I also removed the stock baffle and replaced it with a Phoenix systems sparky for now. For the little bit that's done to it, it runs suprisingly strong. I have always regretted getting rid of my 87 TRX250R but this new 700R has quickly become my new favorite. It's a torque monster, handles well, is easy to ride and will climb anything you point it at with ease:D