PDA

View Full Version : BMS 14.1 / Megacycle X2 Dyno runs

wppracing
11-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Here are my latest dyno runs. My signature has the current mods

wppracing
11-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Here is my old set up along with the current set up.

chad502ex
11-05-2005, 06:23 PM
wtg brian!

wvspeedfreak
11-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Nice numbers and sweet quad too!

Pappy
11-05-2005, 08:52 PM
you know im not one to tout numbers, or live and die from them, but the new combo sounded very healthy indeed! im glad it preformed well for you!

chad502ex
11-05-2005, 09:03 PM
agreed. Brians setup worked extremely well. I rode it a it fat ripped and pulled real strong.

Retarding his cam timing about 4-6 degrees would push the whole curve up ~1000 rpm, and from what I calculate from

HP = tq * rpm/5250

a push up in Brians peak tq of 34 @ 7200 to 8200 would net:

34 * 8200/5250 = 53 hp

Brian, now you see what I was telling you!!! ;)

Buy a $30 adjustable cam sprocket and lets get that 53 for ya,..

wppracing
11-06-2005, 05:07 AM
I will have the sprocket coming on Monday, But it will have to wait for some free time to play with the timing.

Chad I will let you know when I am ready.

370kingR
11-06-2005, 05:24 AM
So wait a min., you guys were able to just put a stock sprocket on that cam and run it? If so sorry for saying it needed to be degreed in Brian. I was under the impression ALL Megacycle cams needed to be degree'd in.

Certainly that is their smallest one and perhaps that plays a role because i cant see doing that to its two bigger brothers the x1 and x3.

LOL....Chads the cam tweaking master! A fews degrees here, a degrees there...:cool:

Pappy
11-06-2005, 06:41 AM
i want to see what chads head would do on brians engine!

370kingR
11-06-2005, 06:45 AM
I would like to see what Chads head would look like on Brians shoulders LMAO

wppracing
11-06-2005, 07:09 AM
The X2 was a drop in for me . I checked to see if the valves hit and they didnt. At least I know that I have more power just sitting there.

chad502ex
11-06-2005, 08:30 AM
yea Brian,... let me know when your ready to retard that cam a bit and we get there without my new DASA head ;)

Gary, my head on brians shoulders LOL. My wife wouldn't be happy with the bottom end- if ya know what i mean LOL!!! hehe. The X2 is the only cam from Mega that can be considered a "drop-in". But really even the X2 requires 0.020" smaller titanium tops for max lift being bigger than HRC. When Mega installs the cam flange on their cams, they place the cam in a fixture and press the flange within ~1 degree of crank accuracy- so cam timing is essentially spot on. Really wish you were there Gary. It would have been great to hang with ya again bro. Would have liked to see that DASA Mustang dyno power compared to Mobile Dyno power. Did you get the 44 Lectron tweeked in?

11-06-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by 370kingR
I would like to see what Chads head would look like on Brians shoulders LMAO

LOL :p

370kingR
11-06-2005, 06:27 PM
That is a funny come back :p

I had an issue with the idle. I tried and tried but couldnt get an idle with the lectron. Turns out, it was my valves that were in dire need of adjustment.

My intakes were .0035 and .0025! My exhausts were .006 and .0045! Hows that for valve float ;) No wonder i had no idle, especially when it warmed up. Had absolutly nothing to do with my carb :mad:

I also can tell i was bouncing the valve because this brandy new cam has a mark on the closing side just after the peak. Again, not good news. Hoping my valves are not cupped from this. I need to do a leak down test. Unfortunatly, i dont have a leak down tester. I guess i have to go buy one or remove the head, one or the other.

Originally posted by chad502ex
yea Brian,... let me know when your ready to retard that cam a bit and we get there without my new DASA head ;)

Gary, my head on brians shoulders LOL. My wife wouldn't be happy with the bottom end- if ya know what i mean LOL!!! hehe. The X2 is the only cam from Mega that can be considered a "drop-in". But really even the X2 requires 0.020" smaller titanium tops for max lift being bigger than HRC. When Mega installs the cam flange on their cams, they place the cam in a fixture and press the flange within ~1 degree of crank accuracy- so cam timing is essentially spot on. Really wish you were there Gary. It would have been great to hang with ya again bro. Would have liked to see that DASA Mustang dyno power compared to Mobile Dyno power. Did you get the 44 Lectron tweeked in?