PDA

View Full Version : Need a 400ex

mxking38
11-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Just got rid of my last quad, looking for a nice 400ex post up a mods list, price and a pic and ill get back to all ya guys

THanks,

Jesse

trx400exxracer
11-05-2005, 02:40 PM
where are you from

mxking38
11-05-2005, 02:49 PM
im in wisconsin

11-05-2005, 04:42 PM
im in wi too

$3200 n its yours

jest rebilt n valves just ajusted

ITP RIMS
KENDA CLAW TIRES ALL AROUND
LONESTAR AXEL
HARDKOR FRONT HUBS
NACS PARCKING BRAKE BLOCK OFF PLATE
BLUE SHOCK COVERS
CLUTCH KIT
K&N AIR FILTER
AIR FILTER CONVERSON BRACKET
DYNO JET KIT
WATER REPELLENT PRE FILTER SKIN
OMF SEAT BRACKET KIT
DG BUMPER
DG NERFS
LONE STAR SPROCKET HUB
OMF AIR SCOOPS
MOTION PRO CLUTCH CABEL
K&K NUMBER PLATE BACK GROUNDS
909 GRIPS
NACS SEAT COVER
BILLET ALUMINUM GAS CAP
MSR DOMINATOR BARS
Maier plastic with graphics

11-05-2005, 04:43 PM
it neads a muffler cuz i sold the one that was on it n dont have the stock one.
it neads bearings in one hub.

11-05-2005, 04:44 PM
nuther pic

mxking38
11-05-2005, 07:13 PM
Nice quad...i no stupid queston but just to make shure, was it raced, and i can see diffrent plastics and stuff in pics what exactly would come with it

11-05-2005, 08:30 PM
i showed both pics cuz u get both plastics.
never raced but looks like a racer.

comes with

ITP RIMS
KENDA CLAW TIRES ALL AROUND
LONESTAR AXEL
HARDKOR FRONT HUBS
NACS PARCKING BRAKE BLOCK OFF PLATE
BLUE SHOCK COVERS
CLUTCH KIT
K&N AIR FILTER
AIR FILTER CONVERSON BRACKET
WATER REPELLENT PRE FILTER SKIN
OMF SEAT BRACKET KIT
DG BUMPER
DG NERFS
LONE STAR SPROCKET HUB
OMF AIR SCOOPS
MOTION PRO CLUTCH CABEL
K&K NUMBER PLATE BACK GROUNDS
909 GRIPS
NACS SEAT COVER
BILLET ALUMINUM GAS CAP
MSR DOMINATOR BARS
Maier plastic with graphics (2 fronts with graphics)
nacs footpeg extenders
PRO TAPER BAR PAD
CRJ WHEEL SPACERS
nacs head light gaurds
moose dyno jet kit
thats what it all comes with might be a cupple things i for got.

needs bearings in one front hub so it cant be drove right now cuz i took the hub off and the bearings were shot so i threw em in the trash. the other front hub is good though. the bearings only cost about $90 n r prity easy to install and r made in rinelander WI

one gasket on the engine leeks a little oil but out of the like 5 hours after the rebuild n valves ajusted i drove the quad after u CANT see a noticable oil leval drop but can see the oil on the engine. the macanic must not have seeld the gasket good enough but ant a problum.

after the rebuild it still blows a little smoke out the mufler on start up but i was told its becuse the quad is either runing ritch or not fuly broke in after the rebuild.

and has no muffler cuz i sold it to a guy on this site cuz i was going to part it out but ant any more and i dont drive it with no muffler either.

n the shock springs r cut but u can still do big jumps with it. i have a 6 ft jump n i dont botom out. u can ajust the shocks from beaing about one inch lower then stock or about with your botom being 4 inches from the ground it jest depends how u ajust it cuz by cuting 2 coils of the springs instead of the pre load making the shocks harder it makes the quad sit higher or lower now or u can take a peace off the chock n make it sit like a flat tracker.

so either u or some one else buys it or team motor sports of green bay is getting it.

in this pic it is set as HIGH as it goes. n sinse i did stuff to the shocks n stuff it now looks like it has long travel a-arms.

all the quad neads is the berings n its driveable n the muffler would help the engine live longer.

u can see the jump in the pic too.

11-05-2005, 08:40 PM
this pic shows it at the second lowest shock setting but it can still be lowered about 2 more inches but if u r going to jump u will want it at the highest setting at less you arnt jumpin higher than 2 feet.

u dont get the yellow plastic though. all the pics were took in the same week.

n it comes with msr dominator bars n stead of the gold ones.

11-05-2005, 09:30 PM
n the quad was mostly always n 2nd gear cuz i got a small track n its mostly rithem so i cant go fast. i only hit 3rd gear on the road n on quad trails. i never hit top speed in fith yet cuz it seems to fast. it beets a near stock rapter660 in a 200 yard drag race cuz we have one. in if the rapy beats me he is less than a quad length ahead of me. my 400ex smokes my friends stock 400ex though big time on a short track.

mxking38
11-05-2005, 10:24 PM
THat a nice quad, but im looking for sometihng a little closer to stock, thanks anyways

Jesse

11-05-2005, 10:46 PM
well then looks like motor sports gets it then

11-05-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by mxking38
THat a nice quad, but im looking for sometihng a little closer to stock, thanks anyways

Jesse

do u mean u want a cheeper 400ex ?

mxking38
11-06-2005, 01:09 AM
i mena i am looking for a quad that has an exaust and dosent have and oil leak...other than that ur quads great

mxking38
11-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Your fourwheeler was raced after one of my buddies looked at ur pics on the site

11-08-2005, 11:38 AM
rilly hows he no did he race against me

bikeless666
11-08-2005, 12:29 PM
hey how much are you willing to go down? i might be interested if you go down or if you want to trade plus some money! e mail me back with your decision casternhagen@sbcglobal.net and if you have more pics send them also!

11-08-2005, 07:12 PM
i got a 2002 ex w/ all mods in sig. i will post pics upon demand

mxking38
11-08-2005, 08:03 PM
sounds nice...can you post them pics. How much would u be selling it for?