PDA

View Full Version : Baffeld..

Cr85rRida
11-05-2005, 09:21 AM
My R has been sittig for a while (like 2 months) . I finaly got my tires and i go to start it up and its not firing.I cleaned the plug a little and it almost started but after that it wouldnt.

Okay so i got a new spark plug and put it in. almost started.. but after that it wasent doing jack. I dont know what to do. I changed the gas. Got a new spark plug..the r has compresion because i can kick it... im totaly lost.

I have 390 bucks saved up which is good because i have a feeling iim going to have to get in there. Any ideas on what could be wrong. help me out please!

beerock
11-05-2005, 09:53 AM
check for spark and make sure all your connections are on tight, also make sure the gas is getting to the carb.

are you putting the choke on?

you could also try gapping your plug down to .20

what carb are you running

Cr85rRida
11-05-2005, 10:04 AM
thanks fro the reply. The carb is getting gas. I am putting my choke on i am running a mikuni tmx ( thats what it says on it ) Im gunna go check the wires right now. Im posotive im getting spark sice its a new plug but how do i check for spark any way. Ill check thos out brb reply back thanks.

BKex
11-05-2005, 10:57 AM
If you really want to know if you are getting spark hold the plug in your hand, and give the bike a nice hard kick. Or you can just ground the plug onto something metal and look for a spark

beerock
11-05-2005, 11:39 AM
if you kicked it over a bunch of times with the choke on you could have flooded it. best thing to do is take the choke off and hold the throttle WOT(wide open) and kick it a bunch of times, this will dry out the cylinder, then try starting it without the choke. I dont know if you have that trick down to start a R, you know you kick it over and blip the throttle a bit(to like 1/4)

if that doesnt work hold it wot again and dry it out, and then pull the choke and try it.

let the plug touch the metal on the frame somewhere and check for spark, if you hold it in your hand and kick it youll get a nice jolt. thats up to you though.

Cr85rRida
11-05-2005, 12:56 PM
ok i mabey flooded it because i smelt gas... I but the plug on the cylinder and my dad said he didnt see a spark. Ill try again. Arg i wanna ride to!

slamdak8782
11-05-2005, 04:44 PM
Well it definitly sounds like your not getting spark. Try pulling with a truck in third gear. I've had to do that many a time. If that dont work. Just take it in with that cash and let somebody work on it. It is worth it just let a pro fix it. If you dont like that idea then get a clymers and trouble shoot it. Those are your two best options

Cr85rRida
11-05-2005, 05:39 PM
Got a manual already. I was looking in it. Im going to see if i can get my friedn over here to take a look at it. He is a mechanic and also has a R so ill see. I checked for sparkt again and theres none so i guess its and electrical problem :confused:

beerock
11-06-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Cr85rRida
Got a manual already. I was looking in it. Im going to see if i can get my friedn over here to take a look at it. He is a mechanic and also has a R so ill see. I checked for sparkt again and theres none so i guess its and electrical problem :confused:

did you check all yoru connections?

did this bike ever run in your hands?

check the ground!

do it with your buddy dont use your money, you may need it.,

Cr85rRida
11-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Yeah iv had it running when i got it. It started acting up this summer in vermont when i rode it it felt like it was getting no gas. Now its not even starting. I checked all my electrical connections and one of the ground wires like fell out when i gentele tugged it. So i fixed that and still nothing.

bubbag
11-07-2005, 09:29 AM
Check ur reeds I have had similar situations and just changed the reeds and bam!:devil: runnin again

Cr85rRida
11-07-2005, 01:08 PM
IDK how the reeds would make me have no spark? I have v-force 3 reeds and the cage thing.